You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
American Express Global Commercial Services (GCS) is the Global leader in the Corporate Payments Solutions space
and subsequently c ontinues to be an exciting and fast-growing business. The Global Pricing Performance & Insights (PPI)
team within GCS, is instrumental in leading data driven insights to elevate Customer engagement, accelerate sales and
drive profitable charge volume growth for the organization.
The Analyst position within the Global Pricing Performance & Insights (PPI) organization offers the opportunity to be part
of this dynamic organization. The incumbent reporting to the Manager of DS&I International, will play a critical role in
supporting the development of growth and analytic strategies to increase performance and drive execution while working
alongside senior leadership with GCS.
The incumbent will enhance business decision-making process by providing insightful and analytical recommendations
using data across International organisation to drive growth, highlighting trends, risks and opportunities. The individual
is also responsible for supporting global standardization efforts, d evelop and implement process improvements, drives
automation to gain efficiencies across core activities and functions.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Creation of senior leadership reporting, data analysis, planning and performance measurement
- Navigate through multiple data layers to create different views across international markets
- Consult and collaborate with DS&I leadership and internal teams to analyze and collaborate on strategic business initiatives to drive performance and profitability across Sales and Account Development.
- Performing analytics, predictive models on market data and support growth initiatives
- Performing complex analysis to provide key summaries and recommendations by manipulating broken data
- Be strategic and able to identify opportunities to initiate analysis that creates a positive impact on business
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- 2-4 years of relevant work experience with an Econometrics/Actuary Bachelor’s or equivalent experience
- Experience in Customer Relationship Management tools (i.e. Salesforce, other) *Must - Have
- Proficient in Data Mining tools (HIVE) *Must-Have
- Advanced statistical software programming and models (Python/MLS) *Must-Have
- Experience in Tableau visualizations, calculated fields and code for hierarchy user access of data *Must-Have
- Strong Strategic & Analytical Thinking: Require extensive analytical experience to support Pricing Performance Insights Manager and Business in reviews and special projects. Ability to adopt a broad perspective and link data into information that supports business strategies to specific initiatives.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Change management: Be an agent of change, ability to initiate and adapt to change. Provides solutions to address business transformation, strategic alignment, technology implementation and culture change. Incorporate risk mitigation planning/execution.
- Effective Communication and Build relationships: Ability to write structured and compelling messages addressed to various audiences/levels within the organization. Ability to communicate outcome to stakeholders highlighting data findings that convert into actions
- Growth Mindset: Will to make things happen and go above and beyond. Ability to challenge status quo, innovate and think out of the box.Ability to manage multiple and complex work streams across departmental boundaries and deliver a diverse set ofinitiatives that result in transformational outcomes
- Self-starter and high level of accountability and able to solve ambiguous/ open ended business challenges.
- Proven ability to deliver results in a fast paced and highly matrixed environment.
- Strong teamwork required with their colleagues and other teams, and ability to manage multiple priorities. Strong work ethic with a will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight timelines, eye for detail
- Proficiency in business communication (English - verbal and written)
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 8, 2021, 8:30:50 AM