You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
This critical position is part of the US Consumer Credit Risk team. The candidate will play a key role in managing the Financial Relief Program (FRP) portfolio and collections strategy for the US Consumer portfolio.
The position will report into the Director, U.S. FRP & CCR (Customer Crisis Recovery) Program Management & Collections Strategy and will closely work with various business partners in global servicing network, compliance, technology and banking. To succeed in the role, the candidate needs to have a very good blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management and relationship building.
The key responsibilities:
- Develop best in class digital & traditional Collections & FRP Management tools including designing best in industry customer facing self-service experience
- Create and strengthen FRP in-program & post exit strategies to ensure seamless portfolio transition and customer experience while minimizing credit losses
- Build tailored customer management/collections digital experience for FRP specific and overall portfolio to align with customer needs and risk hierarchy
- Perform financial analysis, apply credit and collection principles, and develop effective risk mitigation strategies for FRP portfolio and overall US Consumer portfolio
- Analyze risk management issues by identifying, measuring, and making decisions on risks for case setup and treatment, cancellation, and reinstatement
- Interface with stakeholders to create and drive best-in-class strategies to limit credit losses and enable collections
- Strong analytical discipline, solution-oriented mindset, and focus on outcomes
- Deep curiosity and an innovative spirit through company-wide collaboration, industry practices, and disruptive thinking
- Clear, effective written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a dynamic and cross functional environment, interacting with and influencing senior leaders, partners in risk management, global servicing network, compliance and legal.
- Team player mentality with a track record of building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional business partners
Education and Work Experience:
- 2+ years of experience in credit risk management or other related areas in financial services industry (required for Senior Manager)
- Advanced Degree in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Engineering, Computer Science
- Advanced degree (i.e. MBA or MS, PhD in related field) is preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 7, 2021, 2:03:51 PM