You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
- Conducts root cause analysis and resolution of problems
- Participates in the development and deployment of preventative maintenance procedures
- Adds value to Disaster Recovery Testing
- Meets the agreed quality standards of documentation and reporting adhering to Service Delivery requirements
- Works in liaison with the product engineering and delivery & integration teams via Retrospectives/Post implementation Reviews to ensure quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation
- Work with the team in achieving continuous service improvement by maintaining Industry standards and knowledge repositories
- Takes part in incident management, preventive solutions and resolutions to the Service Delivery Manager/Director
- Play a part in discussions between the Business Unit CIO and infrastructure teams
- Take part in culture of innovation and experimentation, constantly purse and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure
- Works with teams of larger scope to fine tune and configure systems for performance attainment
- Applicable experience in production/service delivery/ operations support environment. Good to have a security background with stress on authentication and cyber security
- Hands on administrative experience with application servers and application performance monitoring tools (Eg. CA Wily, Dynatrace, Splunk, or other open source tools)
- Knowledge of ITIL Service Operations processes
- Clear understanding of one or more Cloud systems (AWS, Open Shift, Azure Cloud, Oracle cloud or others)
- Basic understanding of containerization, docker and Kubernetes
- Knowledge of distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms and relational databases/no-SQL Databases
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer engineering or related field or equivalent associate degree.
- Good communication and interpersonal expertise.
- Able to understand Agile practices
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 2, 2021, 9:07:37 AM