We have an exciting opportunity to join our global tax team based out of our NYC HQ. This is a new opening for an experienced Tax Manager to support the international markets for tax accounting, compliance & reporting at American Express. The role reports directly to our international tax hub based in the UK. The successful candidate will gain experience covering a wide range of international jurisdictions supporting US GAAP tax provisioning, and liaising with a third party provider in connection with local statutory reporting and compliance responsibilities.
- Support US GAAP provision reporting for the EMEA region
- Liaise with a third party provider in connection with all local IFRS tax provision reporting and compliance processes
- Completion of external audit requests
- Oversight of SOX compliance activities
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Post qualification experience with public accounting firm and/ or public company (4-6 years)
- Experience working on international tax and/or accounting matters
- Willingness to work across regions / time zones & build relationships across Finance
- Excellent MS Excel skills and good MS Office skills (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word)
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 15, 2021, 9:44:48 PM