You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express has embarked on an exciting Cloud, Big Data and Mobile transformation driven by an energetic new team of high performers. This group is nimble and creative with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformation team. You will contribute to a rock star start-up engineering team which will deliver the next generation auto-scaled, Highly Available, hybrid cloud enterprise application platform (Iaas/PaaS) for the mission critical American Express Delivery Transformation initiative.
The platform will deliver a framework to support multiple programming languages i.e Java, Node.js, Python, Ruby/Rails, Scala and Fuse for enterprise and consumer mobile & web application developers. You will create innovative tools and capabilities to enable continuous delivery - building, provisioning and administering multi-tenant, scale-out applications throughout the life cycle, from development, test and into production. You will be challenged with identifying innovative ideas and proofs of concept to deliver against the existing and future needs of our customers. As a Senior Engineer, your primary responsibilities will be to maintain a robust, efficient, effective, 24x7 service operation for the Private Cloud environment and its tools. We are a start-up, we will wear many hats, work fast and smart, and adapt and iterate quickly. You will work closely with your US and India leaders and peers to deliver a “Follow the Sun” capability that is best in class in Quality and Capability at a cost effective price point.
- This is individual contributor role and the person is expected to work on Jira story/bug, ITSM incident, change and problem tickets and expected to adhere the shift pattern (Full night shifts are not expected).
- Focuses on the internal Customer and their applications. Ensures high availability of all environments and the achievement of Service Level Objectives (SLO), Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and Operating Level Agreements (OLAs).
- Partners with Cloud engineering and product teams to support a continuously evolving platform.
- Coordinates communications, escalates and facilitates resolution of risks, issues, and changes tied to the Infrastructure and Operations
- Overall 8+ years of industry experience with 5-7 Years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated professional expertise in a large Fortune 100 company running an IT Production Operation at scale including Infrastructure (Servers, Network, Storage, Security) and Applications (Distributed, Middleware, Databases across all tiers)
- Ability to work with Infrastructures and Platforms including IaaS, PaaS, Cloud technologies and tools for Continuous Delivery (CD)
- In depth understanding of Linux functionalities/ features as well as good experience of Linux system engineering.
- Good understanding of web technologies (http, headers, authentication, ssl, routers, load balancing, etc.)
- Experience using tools Jira, Git, Maven
- At least medium level expertise in one of following.
- Python/ shell scripting
- GoLang and Rest API
- Strong hands-on troubleshooting expertise on 2 or more of the following technologies and products.
- Docker containers
- Java, JBoss, WAS
- Cloud management and administration
- Continuous delivery experience/devops/Agile
- Proven diagnostic, troubleshooting, and service restoration skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, customer service skills, and English communication skills with difficult customers in outage situations.
- Metrics management
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent work experience
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 5:34:50 AM