You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of Oracle ERP application
- Responsible for all technical aspects of software development for assigned applications - performs hands-on coding, technical design and development of systems.
- Develops code specifications. Involved in unit, integration and user acceptance testing. Assists in resolution of defects/ production support issues as required.
- Analyze requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
- Perform core technical aspects of software development for assigned applications including, developing prototypes, and writing new code
- Function as an active member of an agile team through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation).
- Participate in or lead integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting of results.
- Perform assigned unit and assembly testing of software components.
- Participate in code reviews and execute assigned automated build test scripts.
- Debug software components, identifying, fixing and verifying the remediation of code defects. Work on assigned product features for ongoing sprints and manage a subset of technical requirements based on industry trends, new technologies, known defects, and issues.
- Identifies opportunities to adopt innovative technologies.
- Flexible and willingness to learn and work in any technology platform/product
- Own all technical aspects of software development architecture, for the assigned applications
- Collaborate with the rest of the engineering team to design and launch new features
Bachelor’s Degree in CS or CSE or Equivalent.
9+ yrs. experience across -
- Implementing Oracle E-Business suite in a Global organizations structure.
- Hands-on experience in the design and development in Oracle EBS pertaining to Oracle Financials including General Ledger and/or Procure to Pay, and focusing on Data Relationship Management and Financial Consolidation
- Strong technical knowledge of Oracle Development tools - PL/SQL, OAF, reports, Oracle workflow and Profound knowledge on oracle database
- Must have – PL/SQL, OAF, REST API, Financials, General Ledger, DRM and HFM
- Working experience in ETL, informatica, Unix shell scripting
- Knowledge of Oracle ERP REST APIs
- Collaboration Tools (GitHub, Confluence, Rally, JIRA)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins)
- Experience with web services, open API development and its concepts
- Knowledge of eCP and cloud hosting
- Strong analytical & strategic thinking skills
- Ability to interpret technical /business objectives and challenges
- Agile Methodologies
- Software development/ Unit testing
- Functional Knowledge of Oracle ERP modules
- Analyse requirements/ user stories to appropriately support basic design activities
- Participate in integration tests as defined in the test specifications, including event logging and reporting
- Oracle 12.2 and Hyperion 11.2 Experience.
- Functional knowledge in finance/ procure to pay domain is preferred
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 9:06:49 AM