You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Product Owner, Accounts Receivable Product Management
The Global Accounts Receivables team is a part of the Enterprise Platforms Center of Excellence (COE). The team plays a key role in the development of New Card Products, Benefit Programs, Lending and Commerce initiatives that help grow revenue, deepen customer engagement and increase member value. The team drives the development of products and software that deliver on business growth while increasing speed to market and modernizing AR. The team is also responsible for enhancing customer experience through development and enhancement of AR capabilities.
The Global AR Software Product Management team is looking for a talented and driven software Product Owner to lead the transformation of Account Receivable capabilities for the Core Card Platforms and help us build our next generation of technology assets.
In this role, you will be part of a team that is responsible for driving the vision and execution from gathering requirements through implementation and optimization. To do this, you will collaborate with business leaders and partners to shape and translate a software product vision and you will lead designers and engineers to deliver user experiences, operational processes and supporting technology assets.
Prioritize development of the software product in alignment with business objectives.
Ensure owned Software Product/Capability Areas and platforms are well controlled and have a defined roadmap to improve time to market, reduce operational risk, and create business value.
Translate software product roadmap into minimum viable product iterations.
Create well-defined features/user stories and acceptance criteria.
Quickly become an expert in the problem space – relying on relationships with SMEs to ensure development are fully informed.
Understand and apply new trends and competitive best practices into requirements/user stories.
Partner with international AR peers to drive capability globalization and market adoption of platform capabilities where appropriate.
Communicate and build consensus across multiple departments and stakeholders in creating the software product and platform requirements.
Work closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
Ensure that the appropriate tracking and reporting is in place to track performance post launch in order to evaluate future investment.
Enable analytics drive decision making. Produce ROI analyses and optimization recommendations for roadmap.
Identify risks, challenges, opportunities and business integration needs.
Review existing products and workflows for modernization opportunities.
Perform Demos and Launch Announcements with key stakeholders to demonstrate success and metrics of improvement.
Champion, support and implement agile principles.
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Bachelor’s (or comparable experience) in computer science, engineering or a related technical discipline.
- 5+ years experience in Software Product Management, Business Analysis or Product Ownership.
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Experience with a Bank Accounts Receivable, Credit, Lending, Payment Products preferred.
- Problem solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Quick learner and driven to learn new functionality.
- Can decompose abstract information into meaningful and detailed business features.
- Ability to separate technology requirements and constraints from core business value.
- Customer first mindset.
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product vision and functionality.
- Team skills, including ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels within organization, internally and externally.
- Strong written & verbal communication.
- Experience with BDD, scaled agile, and scrum software development methodologies.
- Project management skills; ability to prioritize and complete tasks.
- Ability to manage scope against team capacity.
- Ability to think creatively.
- Familiarity with one or more programming languages and software architecture patterns preferred.
“American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.”
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 11, 2021, 8:58:13 AM