“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is embarking on an exciting transformation driven by an energetic team of high performers on the AskAmex platform which leverages Conversational AI and Messaging technologies to enable digital communications between global customer base and American Express. You will be part of the AskAmex Model Automation Team, a fast-paced, entrepreneurial application development team partnering closely with Data Science, Machine Learning and Enterprise teams to enable sophisticated ML models for real-world use cases, identify key opportunites and focus areas, with the power to shape our technology and product roadmap.
If you have the talent and desire to deliver innovative payment products and services at a rapid pace, serving our customers seamlessly across physical, digital, mobile, and social media, join our transformational team!
Roles and Responsibilities
• Participate in the development of the dynamic external partner integrations with American Express’ conversation AI platform
• Design and build fault-tolerant, high-performance, scalable systems
• Design and maintain the core software components that support our platform
• Improve the scalability, resilience, observability, and efficiency of our core systems
• Analyze bottlenecks and single points of failure of the whole system and improve performance
• Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from product management and engineering colleagues
• Rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
• Enjoy finding and developing simple sustainable solutions to complex problems!
• Speed and quality - must be focused on performance without sacrificing quality!
• Play a key role in product development, help shape direction of product feature set
Education & Experience:
B.S. / B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent degree
- 5 or more years of commercial software development experience
- Strong Python development skills, primarily with micro-service frameworks (Flask, Django) High standard of Code
- Quality Experience with Machine Learning/Deep Learning, specifically NLP Core knowledge of noSQL and RDBMS
- Strong understanding of API design (REST, RPC)
- Disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance, with familiarity of unit test best practices
- Confidence with Unix/Linux Strong understanding of data structures, algorithms and design patterns
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
- Comfortable in a small, intense and high-growth start-up environment
- "Strong opinions, weakly held"
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2021, 2:36:10 PM