You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Entry-level hire, member of a product engineering or delivery and integration team reporting to a Senior Engineer, Engineering Director or Director Product Delivery & Integration.
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Beginner level ability in software development, such coding assignments
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments
- Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
Range of Impact/Influence:
- Accountable for team completing work you’re leading and work you are doing as agreed upon
- Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
You won’t just shape the world of software. You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground. There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Leading a team
Education & Experience:
- Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field followed by 4-6 years industry experience building data driven products and have implemented machine learning algo and techniques.
- Good in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, complexity analysis, problem solving and diagnosis
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Adept at any one of the programming language Java/Python and Open to learn new programming languages.
- Comfortable in Big Data Technologies/ Frameworks (Hadoop, Spark, HDFS, Hive, Sqoop, Flume, Oozie, etc)
- Well conversant with Linux / Unix tools
- Experience working with distributed systems using Spark, Hive in Hadoop at significant scale in a production environment.
- Well conversant with any one of version control capabilities like github,bitbucket and SVN.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as interpersonal and multi-tasking skills.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science with good mathematical foundation
Good To Have.
- Experience in application development and integration within one or more Iaas/ Paas platforms such as (Amazon Web Services, VMWare, OpenStack, etc.).
- Experience building fast and scalable machine learning and analytical algorithms and executing all tasks from design to deployment and monitoring
- Experience in developing Web services, micro-services, and REST
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 2:59:08 AM