You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Job Description - Sr. Program Manager
The Sr. Program Manager position will play a critical role in driving the execution of Technology India strategic business priorities, enhancing Tech employer brand, colleague engagement and Inclusion & Diversity initiatives and building & strengthening core engineering culture across the technology team in India.
The position will support PMO for the Technology India Strategy program working across all global and local key stakeholder as well as deliver on several strategic and transformation initiatives which are critical for the growth and success of the evolving organization of 1300+ employees which will significantly grow over the next couple of years.
As part of PMO, the role will also be responsible for managing country level enterprise I&D program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the India Technology teams, Global and local stakeholder teams to drive and track business objectives and periodically provide program updates.
- Play significant role in cross-functional projects and drive new business improvement opportunities, in partnership with other teams.
- Support Technology leadership team in the key transformation projects which may have a significant strategic and tactical impact on the market technology strength.
- Manage and drive engagement and culture events for the Technology India team across centers
- Support Technology council to run learning and career development initiatives, colleague retention, diversity and inclusion initiatives, town halls and other colleague events.
- Partner with BU Communications and PA&C team and take accountability to enhance Technology brand both internally and in the external community.
- Drive and manage enterprise-wide Inclusion & Diversity initiatives for the market.
AET Role Framework Only. Responsible for planning, directing and coordinating large strategic programs from initiation through to implementation. Leads cross-functional program teams and works with business partners to determine and interpret business requirements into technology solutions. Responsible for managing program costs, resources, change requests, risk and issues to ensure that maximum business benefit maintained as well as provision of regular program status updates. Certification requirement: Project Management Professional (PMI) or equivalent Project Management certification (eg. Certified Project Management Practitioner, International Project Management Association). Responsible for managing one or more highly complex or enterprise-wide IT program(s) consisting of multiple projects, that may span a broad range of systems and enterprise-wide components. Communicates with Delivery Directors, Portfolio Management and Business Partners with regard to program strategy, direction and changes. Facilitates potential development solutions by working with Business Partners and senior level Architects to determine technology solutions that align with business strategies and IT strategic directions. Develops the program strategy and the various enterprise-wide high-level project plans and ensures that scope and approach are fully understood by all stakeholders. Ensures that the supporting Business Case is updated throughout the course of delivery and works with the business to ensure business case objectives are met.
- Management degree with 8+ years of experience in program management and driving change management initiatives across cross functional teams
- Experience in driving large-scale strategic business transformation initiatives and driving culture change in a large technology organization would be preferred
- Ability to drive results, effective communication and partnership skills are critical to this role
- Ability to translate high-level strategic ideas into structured opportunities
- Excellent project and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to interact with and present to senior most leaders in the organization
- Flexibility and ability to remain calm under pressure- should be able to handle multiple assignments, under tight deadlines, and a sometimes-ambiguous environment
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 26, 2021, 5:32:01 AM