You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Be part of the continuing transformation within the Business and Vendor Management (“BVM”) organization. You’ll join a team of creative, curious and passionate professionals whose mission is to become the leading source of vendor data and reporting for American Express Technologies. You will also be responsible for understanding both the internal and external environment to bring new ideas to the table that help us move us to the next level. In addition, you’ll lead the team responsible for managing and delivering Executive Vendor Briefings for the CIO and other executive leaders to help gain insight and shape the strategic direction and engagement with critical vendor partners.
BVM is unique within the Enterprise. We work across almost every American Express Technologies unit as well as internal partners such as Global Supply Management, Finance & Controllership, Risk & Compliance, vendors, and key stakeholders. We are known to be intellectually curious, metrics driven and avid problem solvers as we tackle critical initiatives facing the company today.
We are looking for a talented Product Delivery and Strategy leader to join our team. This role will be responsible for identifying new opportunities and leading end to end cross functional delivery of capabilities. It is essential these capabilities are implemented true to their intent and in a manner that optimizes the needs of our customers using current products developed in BVM. The success of the role will depend upon the individual’s ability to lead a globally distributed team, to understand and drive appropriate business architecture, and have a strong focus on detail.
Helping move the organization forward through understanding the industry, the competition and providing insights from the data is also an essential part of this role. Bringing new ideas to the table, partnering with the technology team to develop POCs and pilot solutions will help take the organization forward, leveraging agile principles and disciplines.
· Identify forward looking opportunities to drive efficiencies, implement new capabilities and reporting to further the objectives of BVM being a trusted advisor both within technology and with the business.
· Collaboration at the technology and/or enterprise level is essential to be successful in this role.
· Lead a strong team of Product professionals that has flexibility to the changing needs of Amex Technologies.
· Support and guide the development process, collaborating effectively across multiple cross-functional teams to skillfully execute on milestones and deliverables in a timely manner
· Maintain clarity of the minimum viable product delivery and ensure BVM has the capacity to deliver against strategic priorities. This requires proven influencing and collaboration skills. A critical component will be to work with enterprise-wide partners to understand their needs and communicate the scope and prioritization decisions across the key products within BVM.
· Manage relationships across multiple business stakeholders as well as technology, finance, and compliance partnerships to ensure consistent and accurate project communications and expectations.
· Responsible for developing and modifying business & operational processes to take maximum advantage of technology changes, reduce manual effort and drive accuracy and efficiency.
· Communicate and partner with Senior Technology Leaders to build relevant information on our key strategic partners and leverage that data to create Executive Briefings. Ensure the information is relevant, strategic
and consistent to facilitate the senior leader meetings hosted by the CIO. Coordination and management of the process is essential for successful large scale briefings
· Understand and link and label to enterprise “big bet” initiatives to deploy solutions, coordinating with multiple Business Units and taking an analytical approach to deliver greater value to the enterprise
· This is a continuously evolving space and this role is expected to keep abreast of emerging technologies and trends for potential incorporation into the organization.
· A creative problem solver who is comfortable with ambiguity, challenging the status quo and with a proven ability to solve unstructured problems.
· Project management and planning experience with extensive application of SAFE Agile discipline
· Proven enterprise thinker, able to successfully lead large-scale, transformational activities.
· Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal with ability to effectively communicate and influence at multiple levels within the organization
· Negotiates and aligns with all levels of leadership in support of strategic program vision
· Coaching and building high-performing product teams
· Relationship Management
· Business & Technical Product Knowledge - ability to lead problem analysis and resolution
· Preferred knowledge of the technology vendor partner environment both software development and infrastructure and some insight of technology trends
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Strong interpersonal, team building, organizational and motivational skills.
· Bachelors degree in business, marketing or a numerate discipline, MBA preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 9, 2021, 2:18:44 PM