In Operational Excellence, our ethos is to run an efficient and effective framework, building strategic relationships and leveraging these to advocate for us and to add value to the businesses we support. We do this through fixing issues & gaps, enabling growth & change, preventing issues and process breakdowns whilst sustaining robust controls.
We are partnering to establish a centralized Outsourcing Function designed to delivering Institution-wide risk management framework for governance and third-party risk that includes outsourcing policy, internal governance, organizational structure and effective oversight. This is in response to increased regulatory risk as a result of growing expectations and expanded outsourcing requirements from the European Bank Association.
The centralized Outsourcing Function will focus primarily on defining a robust and sustainable Outsourcing framework that can demonstrate:
- Robust, sustainable core processes that drive high levels of process quality
- Strong governance and control practices and accountability
- Product and processes that comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies, with effective controls and rigorous testing to prove it
- Mature business risk management practices in relation to Outsourcing principles
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Responsible for the management of AEMP10 (Third Party Lifecycle Management) & Outsourcing Local Policies deliverables, including Pre/Post Contract Assessments, Gap Remediation, Scoping, Ongoing Oversight, Registration, Policy & related activities
- Partnering with other 1st/2nd line of defence organizations – ORGG, LOBCO, Info Sec, Privacy etc. and key members of the Business, who are located across the globe
- Become a trusted advisor to the business explaining the rationale for policy related activities and the value that it brings for improving the business control environment
- Partner closely with various stakeholders to monitor changes and maintain accurate data, follow pragmatic and risk-based approach to effectively balance policy obligations and control rating impacts against business growth implications
- Raising awareness and educating business on Outsourcing program/ requirements and implement process improvements to ensure a robust program for the business
- Perform comprehensive analysis (both qualitative and quantitative) and development of dashboard reporting for senior leadership
- Validate data points with business teams / sourcing missing data, manage data change requests as required, provide ongoing monitoring / reporting on change control completion.
- Driving Colleague - Engagement, Development, and Growth initiatives
- Support the design, development and management of the Outsourcing Function and Legal Entity planning
- Leading a Team of B30s responsible for centralized functional activity of Third-Party Outsourcing Risk Management
Key Leadership Attributes
- Strong communicator who is clear, concise and comfortable collaborating at all levels of the organization, including with senior leaders
- Innovator – Ability to tailor the Outsourcing Function in its early stages as well as to evolve it, to meet changing needs over time
- Pro-active collaborator with ability to build trust through transparency of information and delivering on commitments
- Enterprise thinker who takes a pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Ability to flawlessly work across multiple stakeholders within the business as well as partner teams, to efficiently deliver upon commitments
- Self-motivated and comfortable navigating and working in a complex, fast paced environment often with strict deadlines and regulatory commitments
- Continuous improvement mindset – seeking ways to pro-actively improve
- Creative problem solver, with a passion for data and how it can help highlight areas of risk, opportunity as well as enabling quick decision making
- Analytical thinker who is highly organized and has a focus for attention to detail
- Must have a risk mindset, with extensive knowledge of operational risk concepts and programs, and the ability to drive assessment of risks and determine effectiveness of controls and testing.
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change/Project Management
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Experience driving results across cross-functional teams
- Experience strategically driving issues to resolution
- Strong analytical skillset with quantitative and qualitative information
- Comfortable with presenting findings with Senior level leadership
- Regulatory and compliance background to be able to understand the requirements of policies and Control framework of American Express.
- Graduate preferably with proven overall 5+ years of Management/People leader experience and minimum 3 years of experience in Operational Excellence, Compliance, Outsourcing, Audit or related discipline.
- Proficient English, both oral and written, is a must. Strong knowledge of other key European languages (Spanish, Italian, French, German) will be desirable.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office with experience of MIS and Reporting. Experience with Tableau will be a plus.
- Knowledge and experience of Outsourcing will be a strong advantage
- This role will be located in Madrid (Spain) and will cover activity in International markets so there will be a need to have time flexibility occasionally.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 12:06:54 PM