You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The core of our company is not just the products we offer, but the personal connections our customers have with our brand. You can create digital experiences - from payments to rewards to servicing - that keep us connected to our customers and serve them at every touchpoint. From digital servicing and lifestyle features to secure, frictionless payment options, you can make a meaningful difference in our customers’ lives and help set us apart in the industry.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This is an opportunity to join the Enterprise Paltform (EP) - Digital Banking team within American Express. Join us, if you have the talent and desire to create the vision for innovative Banking products and services
The Product Manager has ultimate responsibility for decision making and prioritization for his backlog working with markets, compliance, marketing, design and engineering leaders to convert the product vision into a well- managed development roadmap with a set release cycle.
The Product Manager will report and assist the Director Product Management.
- Identifying opportunities and driving product strategy, roadmap, and features
- Manage and support multiple processes in a high-pressured environment
- Manage vendor requirements (risk assessment and mitigation, dependencies) and ongoing related governance activities
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical execution.
- Leading the product functional design based on an intimate knowledge of the customer and technology;
- Prioritizing engineering backlog and balancing the requirements of customers and stakeholders;
- Enabling analytics-driven decision making to evolve products and usage;
- Evangelizing the product both internally and externally and shepherding products through the development process, advocating to achieve the best outcomes;
- Interacting with stakeholders to identify needs, opportunities, and gaps, and solve problems;
- Oversee strategy implementation with tangible and measurable results.
- Brainstorming and negotiating effectively with various stakeholders to continuously define feature priority and existing capabilities reuse.
- Help your team develop products by making difficult tradeoffs and removing roadblocks;
- Defining and executing the deployment plan, working to ensure that marketing and sales have what they need to be successful
- Establishing the product’s goals and reviewing success metrics to achieve commercial success;
- Prioritize feature/story backlog
- Lead the business features breakdown into Platform features and stories;
- Lead and/or write stories for scrum teams;
- Agile mindset and transformation champion
- 5-10 years in product management and delivery preferably in payment and/or banking industries;
- Strong experience maintaining a compliant environment working with vendors
- A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital banking innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset;
- An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development, Scaled Agile Framework and principles;
- Must know how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria;
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities and multiple demands
- SDLC Methodologies and Practices
- Enthusiasm and passion for great products and services and an ability to articulate product functionality;
- Understanding of the Banking evolving compliance and regulatory requirements and environment and how to incorporate technology, infrastructure and security requirements into the product design;
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment;
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability;
- An ability to solve complex problems and a highly analytical approach;
- Comfortable in defining reusable platform capabilities and APIs;
- CS degree related technical field is ideal;
We place great importance on doing what is right, what is best and what is innovative. And we are seeking people to champion these values and beliefs as we grow.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 29, 2021, 6:17:20 PM