You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So, if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up; you’ll break new ground.
- Building scalable quality software solutions by designing, writing code and unit tests through consistent development practices with a focus on continuous integration/continuous deployment, continuous monitoring, and automated testing
- Debugging software components, identifying code defects and remediating
- Participating in code reviews
- Enabling the deployment, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Demonstrating increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influencing team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking
- Collaborating with a team of Engineers, Scrum Master and Product Owner to effectively achieve objectives
- Mentoring and guiding junior team members to success within the team
- Bachelor's or master’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of software development experience with strong knowledge in Java, Spark, Spring, Rest APIs, Cassandra.
- Hands-on experience working on cloud infrastructure.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- A proven hunger to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 9:41:32 AM