You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
How will you make an impact in this role?
This position Band 25 can be located in France or in Spain
This is for working 70 % for france payroll team and 30 % for Spain payroll team
For France : principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be the first point of contact for all LOA-related queries
- Effectively manages a caseload of leaves of absences (LOA) including sickness child sick days, and others local absences and defined paid and unpaid absences in accordance with applicable legislation and company-defined requirements. Coordinates LOA with other benefits, such as nursery premium, headphones premium etc….
- Provide LOA training for new hire employees
- Manages employee situations pertaining to Leave of Absence administration which includes Short Term Disability, Federal and State Medical Leave, Unpaid LOA (includes the complicated and unique leaves in France).
- Communicates leave information to employees, including but not limited to communicating leave eligibility, informing employee of their leave rights under policy and applicable legislation rules
- Secures and analyzes information pertaining to employee’s eligibility status, medical condition(s), occupational or employer requirements, and statutory regulations to accurately determine eligibility for leave.
- Manage relation with social security and welfare insurance for disabled and sick/ therapeutical part time employees
- Reviews healthcare providers` certification forms to evaluate appropriateness of LOA request; makes decisions in a timely and accurate manner, seeking second opinions when appropriate; issues payments where applicable and resolves appeals/late submissions in an appropriate manner.
- Responds to moderately complex inquiries from managers regarding LOA issues
- Monitors and tracks critical dates in the leave cycle and communicates with the employee and manager as appropriate.
- Documents leave management activities in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- Contributes to process/service improvements to gain efficiencies and /or enhance the customer experience.
For Spain Market : principle responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage Notification to Social security
- Manage reconciliation between social security , Employment office management and My info
- Requests, reviews, edits and releases letters in a timely and accurate manner, applying customer-specific requirements, where applicable.
- Answers incoming calls in a timely, empathic and professional manner, following department standards. Educates employees on rights, responsibilities and leave process and requirements, including coordination on other employer benefits.
- Completes leave management activities in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Seeks eligibility confirmation from Team leader, when necessary and responds to Team leader inquiries in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
- May be assigned to (a) provide guidance and mentoring to others and (b) projects assigned at manager`s discretion.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal control, and payroll taxes
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency with payroll software’s
- Strong Mathematical skills
- Language : french , spanish and English basic
Preferred Skills and Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience
- One to 2 years experience inpayroll , benefits administration, disability claims handling, and/or customer service.
- Location: Rueil Malmaison or Madrid
- Workplace Flexibility: Full time.
- American Express offers a fantastic and diverse working environment. High performance is rewarded continually
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Temps plein
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2021, 5:41:42 AM