You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a part of the Colleague Experience Group we strive to provide a great colleague experience every day. We obsess over understanding the colleague experience at a deeper level to co-create simple and great ways of working that enable everyone to be and deliver their best. We make a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Positions in Risk Management lead the development of credit, operational, enterprise, and fraud policies designed to profitably grow the portfolio, while ensuring excellent customer experience. These policies utilize mathematical models and other techniques to understand and predict customer behavior. At the analyst level, the employee is beginning to develop expertise in the field. Receives general instruction on moderately complex problems and issues.
This position is within the Customer Management Team within the Consumer Card Risk Management Organization. The team’s focus is to manage the credit performance of customers throughout their tenure at American Express.
In this role, the incumbent will be responsible for developing best in class strategies to limit portfolio losses for consumer credit & charge cards. The role will be a people leader position with an analyst to guide and manage.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing, monitoring and enhancing Customer Management strategies for Case presentment through MIS, analyses and Test and Learn.
- Proactively reviewing US Consumer portfolio, specifically High Balance segment to generate insights on enhancements to existing strategies.
- Continuous monitoring of existing Financial Underwriting & general credit case setup decision quality through proactive counter intuitive case analysis and MIS
- Working with technology partners to implement case setup strategies and improve capabilities to deliver superior customer service;
- Partnering with Global Services Network team to ensure case quality and assist them in capacity planning via case forecasting.
• Advanced degree or experience in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research, Engineering etc.
• Strong Analytical background; experience in understanding modeling techniques is a plus
• Strong SQL and/or SAS programming skills, as well as ability to code in Big Data environment
• Ability to understand inner workings of behavior models and the impact on decisions Demonstrated ability to provide insight and accurate judgment in addressing and resolving business challenges and opportunities
• Ability to think creatively and apply both quantitative methods and business skills to drive results
• Strong relationship building, management and influencing skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a cross functional environment
Master's or other Advanced degree or experience in a quantitative field such as Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Operations Research, Engineering etc.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2021, 10:23:59 AM