You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Merchant Services (GMS) Marketing is dedicated to bringing buyers and sellers together and transforming how American Express is welcomed. GMS Marketing is responsible for partnering with GMS markets globally to drive profitable growth, accelerate coverage and enhance the value of Amex acceptance to merchants and Card Members at scale. We focus on enhancing our relationships with millions of merchants of all shapes and sizes, and our geographic purview includes many commerce hubs across the globe including the U.S, Canada, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe and the Asia-Pacific region.
As part of GMS Marketing, the Digital Merchant Experience team provides the digital tools, insights and support to help merchants of all sizes manage every aspect of their American Express relationship securely and efficiently in order to foster business growth and encourage welcome acceptance. Over 80% of all American Express merchant servicing interactions occur through Global Merchant Digital products making it a key channel for our customers.
We are seeking a Senior Manager, Digital Product Development to join our high-performing, agile product team. This colleague will lead the roadmap definition and implementation for digital merchant acquisition, enabling merchant prospects to apply to accept American Express cards, a top priority for Global Merchant Services.
- Drive ideation, definition, and prioritization of the Merchant Acquisition product roadmap and evangelize across the organization with key business stakeholders.
- Indirectly lead an agile development team to deliver against the roadmap and bring products to life.
- Understand the customer – partner with analytics and user research to synthetize quantitative and qualitative data that inform product decisions; develop a user feedback loop and integrate into the delivery lifecycle.
- Collaborate with design to scope, prototype, and test ideas and features.
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external partners, including Technologies, Global Marketing, Global Servicing Group, Client Managers, and Third-Party partners to drive our product strategy and development.
- Partner closely with global teams, primarily located in the United Kingdom and Australia.
- Manage and maintain the existing merchant mobile application.
- 5+ years of experience in digital product development / product management, with proven success delivering impactful features and products.
- Self-starter with strong analytical and technical skills, excited to tackle complex problems, make tough decisions, and drive initiatives forward.
- Excellent partnership skills with the ability to collaborate with and influence internal and external partners.
- Passion for the user experience, with the aptitude to speak fluently with design, research, engineering, and stakeholder teams.
- Ability to balance intuition with customer data and feedback to make informed product decisions.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (SCRUM, SAFe) and tools (Rally).
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or relevant work experience.
- Must be able to work from the NYC headquarters when in-office-work resumes.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021, 3:57:48 PM