You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Building lasting relationships is at the heart of our business – and that’s exactly what members of our sales team do best. Use your entrepreneurial mindset and consultative approach to create rewarding opportunities for both our customers and yourself, while being backed by an iconic brand. Whether you’re helping our customers get the most value from our range of innovative products and services, or collaborating internally across teams to deliver new solutions, your work can help us become an essential part of our customers’ lives.
How will you make an impact in this role?
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing all aspects of the American Express’ merchant relationship with a number of largest customers within the managed merchant base in the Nordics. This high-profile role is responsible for maintaining and growing business by managing a portfolio of accounts across industries and enhancing American Express’s position as a key business partner.
Key elements of this role include strengthening the business relationship with merchants and addressing complex financial, contractual and operational issues. The role is responsible for:
- Driving increased discount revenues via a combination of increased Amex business volumes and tight control over discount rates
- Working closely with the customer to ensure all parts of their business are warmly accepting American Express and maximising the number of merchant locations seeing transactions from Cardmembers
- Improving merchant’s satisfaction by constant emphasis of the value of the relationship and proactively identifying partnership opportunities by understanding the key priorities for the client. Also solving for areas of potential dissatisfaction within the relationship, in partnership with the relevant internal teams.
- Ensuring compliance with all risk, legal and compliance policies.
By leveraging excellent relationship management skills, the successful candidate will need to develop an in-depth understanding of the marketplace, clients and associated industries. They must demonstrate the ability to negotiate and influence client decisions plus develop and execute strategic account plans linked to customer priorities and strategies. They must be effective in differentiating the American Express value and build relationships for the long term with keen focus on retaining clients on a profitable basis
- Maintain and build the day to day relationships between American Express and a portfolio of key accounts across industries. Deepen existing relationships and build new ones, to identify new opportunities and maximise customer satisfaction across the whole spectrum of the relationship.
- Handle commercial objections- demonstrate and identify new ways that Amex deliver incremental value
- Renegotiate commercial agreements that maintain or grow Amex profit margins in line with Amex processes and policies.
- Identify key customer objectives and be able to translate financial data and other information into strategies that will deliver against these objectives, and those of American Express
- In partnership with the GMS Marketing, develop and implement marketing campaigns that deliver incremental spend to the customer and value to the Cardmember
- Increase merchant satisfaction (NPS) which results in a portfolio of ‘Promoter’ clients
- Work closely with servicing teams (GSN) to ensure the highest quality of servicing is consistently delivered to your clients
- Build awareness and knowledge of American Express capabilities and assets to identify opportunities for the merchant to benefit, either through increased sales or decreased costs
- Work closely with all American Express business units, supporting existing initiatives and identifying / driving new network business opportunities
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Experience of leading & closing sizeable commercial negotiations
- Outstanding relationship management and influencing skills across both external customers and internal teams
- Strong track record of driving results
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking abilities together with experience of using complex data analysis
- Strong “will to win”, team player with a growth mindset
- Swedish and English language is mandatory, Finnish would be an advantage
- Knowledge of the payments industry would be an advantage
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on email@example.com.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 21, 2021, 8:37:08 AM