You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express is a global services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We make it easier, safer and more rewarding for consumers and businesses to purchase the things they need and for merchants to sell their goods and services through innovative payment, travel and expense management solutions.
At American Express, Digital Acquisition is one of Global Consumer and Commercial Services Group’s key priorities. Core to delivering on this priority are our Shopping experiences which help prospects and cardmembers navigate through our acquisition’s products with the least amount of effort, wherever and however they choose.
The Enterprise Digital Demand Generation (EDDG) team is a core part of the acquisition journey as we build platforms, products and programs to help drive profitable and efficient digital demand generation at scale.
Within EDDG we are seeking a Product Owner, with a strong technology background to deliver platform enhancements through common capabilities and improved architecture to support globalization of shared technology.
Within this role, you will be part of a dynamic team responsible for enhancing our core API’s, partner team integrations and portfolio platform health dashboards. You will put your leadership skills to work as you help teams accelerate delivery and speed to market for our products.
You will partner with Portfolio teams, Product and Technology colleagues to drive strategic priorities and oversee execution of development through initiation to release. You will work among high performing peers and will enjoy being challenged in a fun, collaborative, diverse and inclusive team environment.
Does this sound like you?
As a Product Owner, you will:
- Lead integrated teams to deliver solutions in support of key product initiatives/programs by working closely with product managers/owners, scrum masters, architects, developers, and QA teams
- Work across our Digital Guest Acquisitions Products portfolio to prioritize, plan, and execute technology development
- Communicate status, progress and other critical metrics in relation to the plan to leaders
- Resolve impediments precluding teams from making progress against plans and deadlines
- Contribute to Globalization of our API’s, shared services and partner integrations.
- Evolve, scale and share our platform health dashboards.
- Ensure deliverables across Technology teams are high-quality and clearly documented
- Take ownership in managing multiple priorities.
This high-energy Product Owner should have:
- 3+ years of IT experience of project/program management experience managing medium to large digital product software development projects
- Deep understanding of all aspects of technical delivery with a demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility and ownership
- Experience understanding technology solutions at an enterprise-level is helpful
- Experience in the maintenance and development of API’s is preferred
- Experience leading Agile, Scrum to deliver extraordinary technology solutions on time
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills and an ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with partners, development teams and product managers
- Experience in clarifying objectives, dealing with ambiguity, advocating for simplification, influencing teams and being able to build your own path to navigate to solutions
- Passion to enable business capabilities through innovation
- Experience using Rally/JIRA agile delivery management platform is strongly desired.
- Master’s degree or MBA is a plus
- Proven track record of working independently and making key decisions on projects
- Proven ability to manage change in dynamic, ambiguous environment and ability to influence without direct authority among peers and with leaders
- Influence team members with innovative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 4:06:52 PM