You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
Contributes to design, development, troubleshooting, debugging, evaluating, modifying, deploying, and documenting software and systems that meet the needs of customer-facing applications, business applications, and/or internal end user applications.
Our UX designers work closely with product managers, engineering, support, communications and training personnel to build the user experiences on Hybrid Cloud by connecting closely with functional leads in a fast dynamic, agile environment. We are in the business of building capabilities for the Hybrid Cloud platform using cutting edge technologies to enable thousands of developers build applications that define the future of our digital life. This role primarily focuses on building the user experiences for hybrid cloud (such as Kubernetes/PaaS/Private Cloud, and public clouds), and related technologies such as PaaS, IaaS, virtual networks, serverless computing, and microservices.
You will play a key role in innovating new features and products that uniquely meet the needs of Private Enterprise Cloud. You will be actively involved with the product offerings through all stages of the product life cycle by capturing and understanding business and user needs, crafting information diagrams and a wide range of strategic UX deliverables You are a problem solver with a passion for translating complex problems into elegant design solutions and being the design voice in a crowded room. This position reports into Director of Product Management - Enterprise Cloud Platform.
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
• Agile Practices
• Emerging Technologies
• Business Analysis
• Adaptive Communication
• Strategy Formulation
• Ownership of research, design, wireframes, prototypes on a product-design roadmap for the next generation platform solutions at scale. This includes managing the designs for future feature sets, prioritization of the user flows, designs and tradeoff decision making.
• Deliver future-thinking and customer-focused designs; transform ideas, business opportunities, research on Hybrid Cloud and create vision into tangible assets that provide clear, usable, useful and desirable outcomes for users
• As the subject matter expert, help American Express developer community and Engineering teams with product-design related questions and hands-ondesign, research and constructing the wireframes for technical workflow discussions.
• Craft detailed usability testing stimulus, story boards, user flows and high / low fidelity prototypes along with a wide range of UX assets and deliverables
• Speak multiple “languages” while working closely with creative, product, business, strategy on Enterprise Cloud and tech from intake to launch and beyond – this means being able to see the big picture, and figure out the small details simultaneously
• Ensure quality and consistency of UX deliverables including developing site maps, process flows, wireframes, functional specifications; preparing and conducting user validation and/or usability testing sessions and other forms of qualitative and quantitative customer research; and developing user profiles, personas and scenarios
• Create POV/review presentations on Cloud user experience, user planning or other UX related topics with appropriate supporting research
• Work in collaboration with key project team members, including user experience researchers, product owners, tech leads, developers, strategy, PM, and visual design – brainstorm, ideate and iterate
• Ensure adherence to design best practices, standards, brand consistency across all platforms. Be a promoter of the Cloud platform designs to the American Express community and put continuous measures to increase Customer net promoter scorefrom the platform usage perspective.
• Experience designing requirements for PaaS and IaaS Hybrid/Private/Public Cloud.
• Have strong computer skills and firm grasp of Adobe Creative Suite, protyping tools (Balsamiq, Sketch, Omnigraffle, Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, Captivate, Invision), the Microsoft Office product suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Exceptional skills in ideation, sketching, concepting, brainstorming, and UX asset production. Ability to simplify and turn complex interactions into intuitive user experiences
• Strong portfolio showing breadth of UX Design work
• Have a good understanding of Hybrid Cloud and American Express applications
• Clear and confident communicator with an affinity for visual storytelling
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 9:25:01 PM