You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
In Operational Excellence, our ethos is to run an efficient and effective framework, building strategic relationships and leveraging these to advocate for us and to add value to the businesses we support. We do this through fixing issues & gaps, enabling growth & change, preventing issues and process breakdowns whilst sustaining robust controls.
We are partnering to establish a centralized Outsourcing Function designed to delivering Institution-wide risk management framework for governance and third-party risk that includes outsourcing policy, internal governance, organizational structure and effective oversight. This is in response to increased regulatory risk as a result of growing expectations and expanded outsourcing requirements from the European Bank Association.
The centralized Outsourcing Function will focus primarily on defining a robust and sustainable Outsourcing framework that can demonstrate:
- Robust, sustainable core processes that drive high levels of process quality
- Strong governance and control practices and accountability
- Product and processes that comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies, with effective controls and rigorous testing to prove it
- Mature business risk management practices in relation to Outsourcing principles
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
- Drive daily operations and processes in support of Outsourcing Function objectives
- Identify key opportunities to drive efficiencies and/or effectiveness
- Understand and apply accordingly Outsourcing Regulatory requirements related to Third Party Risk Management (Contract, Policy, Governance, Oversight, Register, Documentation, Risk Assessment, Criticality, BCP, Exit Strategy)
- Work closely with main stakeholders across European Legal Entities to support them with any reporting requirements, remediation projects, etc.
- Ability to foresee the potential risk associated to any upcoming changes in the guidelines
- Identifying opportunities, issues and process gaps, ensuring these are appropriately mitigated or fixed.
- Contributing to a governance framework which balances the support of strong business growth with managing appropriate risk levels.
- Maintain and optimize program documentation including inventories
Key Leadership Attributes
- Strong communicator who is clear, concise and comfortable collaborating at all levels of the organization
- Continuous improvement mindset – seeking ways to pro-actively improve
- Pro-active collaborator with ability to build trust through transparency of information and establish predictability through delivering on commitments
- Creative problem solver, with a passion for data and how it can help highlight areas of risk, opportunity as well as enabling quick decision making
- Analytical thinker who is highly organized and has a focus for attention to detail
- Self-motivated and comfortable navigating and working in a complex, fast paced environment, often with strict deadlines and regulatory commitments.
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders across all markets.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings.
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain effective working relationships across the Company with leaders in various positions
- Ability to assess and synthesize key insights from large amounts of information
- Strong analytical skillset with quantitative and qualitative information
- Regulatory and compliance background to be able to understand the requirements of policies and Control framework of American Express.
- Able to thrive in a matrix organization that involves multiple sub-teams as well be able deliver on reporting requirements to senior leaders in time
- Strong team player and self-motivated, with the ability to handle multiple work streams and ad-hoc tasks simultaneously
- Flexibility in response to changing circumstances
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion
- Strong organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Graduate preferably with proven experience in Operational Excellence, Compliance, Outsourcing or Audit will be a strong advantage
- Proficient English, both oral and written is a must. Strong knowledge of other key European languages (Spanish, Italian, French, German) will be desirable.
- Experienced and proficient with Microsoft Office 365 tools (SharePoint, Excel & PowerPoint)
- This role will be located in Madrid (Spain) and will cover activity in International markets so there will be a need to have time flexibility occasionally.
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
Amex have been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
Proud to be recognized by Great Place to Work España - Ranked 2nd of overall Best Companies.
To complete your application please click on the links below. However, if you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Recruitment Team on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 12:06:21 PM