You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Global Financial Crimes Compliance (GFCC) Transaction Monitoring & Analytics (TM&A) team is responsible for the development and execution of the enterprise-wide anti-money laundering (AML) and counter-terrorist financing (CTF) transaction monitoring program at American Express, which entails for assessing, designing, and implementing AML & CTF detection strategies across American Express’s global products and services. These strategies ultimately generate alerts which are investigated by the GFCC Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) as part of the Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR) process.
- Conduct assessments of American Express’s diverse products and services for vulnerabilities of potential criminal misuse, identifying behaviors to be identified by transaction monitoring strategies
- Evaluate and perform analyses on complex data sets to identify transactional and behavioral patterns indicative of potentially suspicious activity
- Develop new strategies to identify potentially suspicious or high-risk activity
- Research high risk criminal behaviors (such as human trafficking and narcotics smuggling)
- Lead reviews of implemented transaction monitoring rules and related automated processes, identifying enhancements to performance, efficiency, and effectiveness
- Demonstrated analytical, statistical, and/or quantitative skills/relevant experience
- Intellectual curiosity, critical thinking, and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong communication, writing, and editing skills, a keen attention to detail, and the ability to translate data insights into actionable solutions
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, and a willingness to be a deadline-driven team player in a dynamic working environment
- Experience in one or more analytical languages (such as SQL, Python, and/or R), preferred
- An understanding of AML/CTF concepts and associated criminal typologies, preferred (or a willingness to learn)
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 12:06:48 PM