You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
Our Global Commercial Services team is seeking a driven, well-rounded computer science professional to join our growing team. You must be a self-starter! Eager to learn new technology trends, and partner with the business teams to ensure technology changes do not impact our customers. If you are an engineer with a passion for operating things and the desire to understand full stack (business down to infrastructure), and you embrace the instinct to code problems away, then this dynamic role is for you!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Manage cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) for all environments
- Drive infrastructure optimization & maintenance activities.
- Responsible for ensuring high availability of the platform
- Implement devops best practices in logging, proactive monitoring, alerting, CI/CD, Observability etc., using new/enterprise tools.
- Lead with “Automation mind-set” - Eliminate repetitive manual process by developing necessary tools
- Handle production support, change management, on-call rotation, ensure service restoration as per SLA
- Partner with various supporting teams to ensure operational readiness.
- Guide scrum teams on cloud infrastructure design principles to help them design reliable & resilient solutions as per SLOs
- Understand platform roadmap and contribute to the platform strategy initiatives.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements, challenge status quo and demonstrate taking risks.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve efficiency of the team by analyzing existing workflow, driving the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
- Excellent communication & co-ordination skills
- Proven ability to manage critical production issues and collaborate with teams to restore service.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; proven industry experience.
- 8+ years of software engineering, site reliability, architecture experience.
- Experience supporting a 24 x 7 global operations environment with on-call responsibilities for production support.
- Experience in supporting Disaster Recovery procedures
- Experience in developing software applications using agile methodologies.
- Experience in identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Significant expertise in one of the cloud platforms – Azure & AWS
- Experience in more than one cloud platform is a plus.
- Good understanding on cloud security principles.
- Thorough knowledge & hands-on experience on cloud operations (Azure/AWS) like infrastructure provisioning, certificate management, firewall rules, websites, load balancer configuration, virtual networks, IAM etc.
- Hands-on experience with logging, monitoring & alerting tools.
- Experience on DevOps related practices such as CI/CD, Canary Pushes/ Blue-Green deployments, Software Defined Infrastructure and tools on Azure/AWS
- Ability to guide and implement the scripting or development of production support tooling using PowerShell or similar scripting language that can be used by various teams.
- Identify problem and incident management processes as defined by ITIL foundations
- Knowledge of configuration management, release automation, and orchestration technologies
- Understanding of multi-tier application architectures and related development
- Ability to perform data mining using logs, network traces and derive meaningful insights to determine root cause & problem resolution.
- Ability to design, develop & host cloud-based applications on Azure/AWS
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies/frameworks
- Java 8 or higher with Spring framework, REST APIs using spring boot, Power shell or similar scripting language, Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, Containerization
- Proven experience in driving test automation using test frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of the SDLC principles and key controls
- Knowledge on application security guidelines & vulnerabilities management
- Understanding of Data analytics, ETL, Business Intelligence tools
- Understanding of BDD & TDD practices.
- Experience/Knowledge on Chaos engineering.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 5:14:31 AM