You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible-, and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can design, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
Our Global Commercial Services team is seeking a driven, well-rounded computer science professional to join our growing team. You must be a self-starter! Eager to learn new technology trends, and partner with the business teams to ensure technology changes do not impact our customers. If you are an engineer with a passion for operating things and the desire to understand full stack (business down to infrastructure), and you embrace the instinct to code problems away, then this dynamic role is for you!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan & execute cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) changes by working closely with leads.
- Support production incidents, on-call responsibilities & ensure faster restoration to minimize customer impact.
- Drive problem resolution by conducting root cause analysis, engaging right teams on circumvention/permanent resolution.
- Build necessary tools that helps faster recovery for production incidents, automate repetitive manual tasks
- Contribute to the continuous improvements in devops best practices (CI/CD, logging, monitoring, alerting etc.,)
- Thorough understanding of the applications, interfacing platforms to be able to support production incidents.
- Maintain runbooks for various applications, processes.
- Support change management activities.
- Always ready to learn & experiment on leading/innovative technologies.
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills.
- Proven ability to handle production issues and restore service within SLA
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; proven industry experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering, site reliability.
- Experience supporting a 24 x 7 global operations environment with on-call responsibilities for production support.
- Experience in supporting cloud infrastructure (Azure/AWS) management & maintenance activities.
- Experience in developing software applications using agile methodologies.
- Significant experience in one of the cloud platforms - Azure & AWS
- Knowledge on more than one cloud platforms is a plus
- Hands-on with managing cloud operations (Azure/AWS) like infrastructure provisioning, certificate management, firewall rules, websites, load balancer configuration, virtual networks, IAM etc.
- Experience on DevOps related practices such as CI/CD, Canary Pushes/ Blue-Green deployments, Software Defined Infrastructure and tools on Azure/AWS
- Ability to develop automation scripts using PowerShell or similar scripting language that can be used by any team for production support or development.
- Hands-on with logging, monitoring & alerting tools.
- Understanding of multi-tier application architectures and related development
- Ability to design, develop & host cloud-based applications on Azure/AWS
- Hands-on experience in one or more of the following technologies/frameworks
- Java 8 or higher with Spring framework, REST APIs using spring boot, Power shell or similar scripting language, Jenkins, Ansible, GitHub, Containerization
- Proven experience in creating automated tests using test framework
- Knowledge and understanding of the SDLC principles.
- Knowledge of configuration management, release automation, and orchestration technologies
- Understanding of Data analytics, ETL, Business Intelligence tools
- Understanding of BDD & TDD practices.
- Understanding of application security guidelines & vulnerability remediations
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 5:30:53 AM