About American Express
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been changing people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to tackle their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and teamwork, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to explore a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the mentorship and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
How we serve our customers is constantly evolving and is a challenge we gladly accept. Whether you’re finding new ways to prevent identity fraud or enabling customers to start a new business, as part of our Credit & Fraud Risk team within our overall Risk & Analytics talent segment, you’ll work with one of the most valuable data sets in the world to identify insights and actions that can have a meaningful impact on our customers and our business. And, with opportunities to learn from leaders who have defined the course of our industry, you’ll be able to grow your career and define your own path.
Find your place in risk and analytics on #TeamAmex.
Vice President, Commercial Limits Underwriting
This VP position is a critical leadership role in the Global Commercial Services Risk Management team that will be responsible for Commercial Limit Underwriting strategies & processes for GCS. The incumbent will play an influential role working closely with partners in Product, Sales CFRC, & GSN to create and drive the GCS strategy of growing the portfolio through transformational ideas and new capabilities that outclass competitors and provide world-class customer experience. In addition, opportunities exist to drive significant synergies by globalizing strategies & processes across commercial.
The incumbent’s key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Incumbent is responsible for capacity/limit management for the US GCS portfolios – this includes the analytics, strategy and capabilities, across new accounts and existing customers.
- Lead charge limit initiatives including initial limit, proactive limit increases, reactive limit increases, commercial underwriting, and drive capability development for commercial charge portfolio (e.g. Bank Based Underwriting)
- Work with the Product, Marketing, and Sales teams within the GCS organization and broader CFR organization to design and implement strategic initiatives that enable prudent and profitable growth while controlling for through-the-cycle volatility.
- Drive deep-dive analytics and partner with the Decision Science team to enhance economic logic that supports core risk management decisions.
- Lead, engage, and inspire a large global team of high performing risk management professionals across all geographies.
- Deep knowledge of commercial business and AXP risk capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to lead large team of deeply analytical risk management professionals
- Strong analytical skills and an innovative approach to solving both practical and theoretical business problems
- Intellectual curiosity, adaptability in a dynamic environment, and an ability to re-engineer long-standing processes and infrastructure
- Ability to build strong relationships, operate within large cross-functional teams, and influence business partners to drive change
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with internal CFR and commercial executive leadership team/partners
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 19, 2021, 3:59:34 PM