You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Risk Oversight organization within Global Risk and Compliance (GRC) is responsible for identifying and managing risk across all processes and geographies at American Express.
- Conduct quantitative analysis on risk management data to drive insights and recommendations for first line teams
- Conduct independent reviews of consumer credit risk processes and provide effective challenge to first line teams
- Identify credit risk metrics (e.g. KRIs and KPIs) to continuously monitor and oversee risk
- Develop requirements to support the next generation risk capabilities (e.g. Smart Monitoring)
- Produce credit risk dashboards for AXP Risk Committees
- Analyze trends in the charge and lending portfolios and conduct deep dive analysis to understand key drivers
Experience and Background:
- Credit risk management experience;
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen with a risk-reward control perspective;
- Experience with data-driven analytical tools (e.g. SQL, SAS, HIVE/HADOOP, R, Python);
- Ability to clearly communicate oversight findings to credit risk peers, business partners, and senior leaders;
- Demonstrates the courage to challenge the status quo;
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully manage multiple priorities under pressure;
- Proven ability to collaborate with colleagues across the Company;
- Self-starter with natural curiosity to solve problems;
- Data Science and Machine Learning experience preferred
- Advanced degree in quantitative field is preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 2:22:24 PM