"You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back"
"We’re looking for an experienced engineer to work on API development on the mobile payments solutions that will be used by tens of millions of cardholders around the world. We want someone who is super creative and enjoys solving tough problems. You should be able to come up with brilliant solutions that no one else can, and be obsessive about API design and user experience.".
You’ll be part of the Digital Payments Engineering team whose mandate is to develop new products and platforms for American Express customers. Payments Engineering’s aim is to build interactive experiences at all touch points of a consumer's journey whether before, at, or after the time of purchase. The products will range from new payment vehicles and partnerships with other payment entities to interactive web experiences.
This is an opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile environment within a Fortune 100 company where you can directly impact real $$$$ in revenue growth and operational savings. Your primary responsibilities will be to work on a team of engineers in developing web products. You’ll work with product managers to help define product direction, provide thought leadership on emerging technologies and create best of breed desktop and mobile web experiences that will set the standard for future development. You should be familiar with modern software development methodologies, and be able to dive deep and rapidly iterate on ideas despite ambiguity.
This is an opportunity to work on the latest web technologies and influence how millions of people interact with their cards, their merchants and their money.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Perform hands-on architecture, design, development, and testing
- Serve as a member of an agile team that drives user story analysis and elaboration, designs and develops software applications, and tests and builds automation tools
- Utilize bestofbreed technologies to build microservices over existing American Express technologies
- Be highly motivated and maintain a positive, can-doattitude in a fast moving environment
- Build POCs to experiment new technologies and constantly pursue and learn industry leading/innovative technologies and solutions
- Embrace a culture of innovation and experimentation, engage in fun and outcome-oriented culture, and always be ready to try new concepts without fear of failure.
- Foster the spirit of collaboration across multiple internal teams
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Engineering or 5+ years of equivalent experience in related disciplines
- Demonstrated technical capabilities and ability to work collaboratively and effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Worked in a product company
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills
- Experience working in high-performing development teams using agile methodologies and tools
- Understanding of reactive and functional programming
- Understanding of RESTful API design principles
- Expertise in Java and Kotlin
- Experience using NoSQL databases and distributed messaging systems such as Redis, Kafka, Couchbase in the context of low latency and high transaction volume systems
- Understanding of security fundamentals – jwe, jws, jwt, openid connect, oauth 2.0
- Ability to learn and deep dive into new technology and business domains, question status quo and think outside of the box.
- Hands on experience with performance testing and tuning Java applications.
- Have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge of developing trends and emerging standards in payments domain
- Knowledge of Vert.x and Golang
- Knowledge of mobile native applications – Android / iOS
- Knowledge of cloud platforms like Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- Knowledge of Splunk and ELK
- Knowledge of test automation tools
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 11, 2021, 11:45:43 AM