About American Express
American Express is a global financial services company that provides consumers and businesses with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success.
Working With Us
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years, backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express. Don’t make a difference without it. Don’t live life without it.
This critical team is responsible for managing enterprise risks through the customer lifecycle and across all
our global products. We develop industry-first data capabilities, build profitable decision-making frameworks,
create machine learning-powered predictive models, and improve customer servicing strategies. This team
has delivered industry-leading results year after year while enabling profitable growth and delivering a bestin-
class customer experience.
The Business Logic Management – Foundational Team owns Global Risk Platforms (e.g.: CDIT [monitoring],
Bluelight [dashboards], and AMC [modeling]). These platforms are instrumental in ensuring the CFR team
maintains operational excellence in core processes.
The BLM Foundational Analyst helps to develop technical solutions and capabilities to manage data and
execute credit and fraud risk strategies. He/she works in a highly dynamic and exciting environment and has
the opportunity to shape strategies and policies for American Express products and services. He/she plays
an influential role working closely with colleagues in other Risk Management teams, Marketing, Finance,
Servicing, Legal, Compliance, Banking, and Technology to create world-class strategies and capabilities.
• Maintain and deliver the best-in-class Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions for Risk within Credit
and Fraud Risk organization
• Research, analysis, development and support of reporting and analytical solutions using SQL Server,
SSAS and Big Data Environment
• Drive capabilities innovation & resultant business growth by applying existing & emerging technologies to
deliver against customer goals
• Leverage the power of closed loop through Amex network to make decisions more intelligent and
• Innovate with a focus on developing newer and better approaches using big data technologies
Scope of Impact/ Influence
• Accountable to team for completing work you’re leading and deliverables as agreed upon
• Accountable to team for delivery of quality work
Education and Experience
• Graduate/Post Graduate in Computer Science or related streams
• Work experience in Credit/Fraud risk management and understanding of credit lifecycle is preferred
• Blend of analytical skills, process expertise, project management, and relationship-building skills
• Strong analytical, problem-solving/quantitative skills
• Ability to handle large datasets using SAS, SQL, R, Python or another similar programming language
• Thought leadership and solution-oriented mindset
• Ability to think strategically and apply both quantitative methods and business insights to drive results
• Ability to build strong relationships in a cross-functional environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and ability to present ideas clearly
• Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not
pursue visa sponsorship for these positions
High Performing Behaviors
• Recognizes opportunities to adopt innovative technologies to enable business capabilities
• Able to challenge the status quo and drive innovation by generating creative ideas and solutions
• Keeps up to date on current research and technology in the industry
• Understands technical aspects of the job and uses appropriate technology for the situation at hand
• Tries new approaches when problem solving, seeking ideas, or suggestions from others as appropriate
• Carries out systematic and rational analysis to identify the root cause of problems
• Recognizes the importance of partnership to achieve objectives
• Is clear when explaining ideas and concepts to others, communication is structured and easy to
• Manages multiple tasks effectively - progresses work in parallel
• Adapts to change quickly and easily
• Handles problems and acts on own initiative without being prompted
• Knows when to raise decisions and when to make on-the-spot decisions
• Strong knowledge of SQL
• Able to write complex SQL queries, SQL Procedures and do performance tuning for the same.
• Very Good understanding of Big Data Environment and Hadoop/Hive/Pyspark/Python
• Able to understand and use data structures and associated components
• Basic understanding of Metadata Management and Database Management
• Creates basic data models using the relevant tools and frameworks
• Basic understanding of XML and schema development/reuse, database concepts,
• database designs, Open Source, big data technology and NoSQL will be an added advantage
• Application of industry recognized methods, processes and standards
• Has understanding of the core tools used in the planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing,
configuring and maintaining of assigned application(s)
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 16, 2021, 9:55:01 AM