You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The world’s best colleague digital experience. That’s what we deliver. Everywhere. Every day.
American Express’s global employees and contractors (we call them colleagues) are served by an award-winning Digital Workplace team that enables communication, connection, collaboration and productivity – and we’re just getting started!
We’re looking for a customer-empathic, behaviour-orientated, change expert to develop and manage a best practice playbook for significant workplace technology changes, that ensures the best possible outcomes for colleagues.
Who you are:
You are a servant leader who loves nothing more than ensuring teams have all they need to do what they do best – delivering exceptional digital workplace products. Be it facilitating workshops to uncover the try value of a change to colleagues or coordinating a change management timeline to realize greatest value.
You have a knack for technology, but only so that you can put yourself in your customers shoes and develop a deep understanding for what the change will mean to them. You are less concerned with the specific details of what is developed, and more interested in ensuring that the change moment is a frictionless and intuitive as possible.
You help product teams, leaders and stakeholders see the full picture of changes planned across the digital workplace, and using your deep knowledge of how colleagues work, highlight opportunities to ensure colleagues get maximum value and are not overwhelmed.
You are at home in a matrixed organization and enjoy the challenge of bringing your dynamic partners together around a shared outcome. You lead by influence. You love to prove yourself through measurable results.
American Express aspires to provide the world’s best customer experience every day and to do that, the colleagues who work here need an extraordinary digital workplace. Are you ready to build the best digital workplace the universe has ever seen?
Are these things you like to do?
- Use your knowledge of, and personal experience with, industry best practice change management across different channels and mediums, to help shape the right fit change approach and release process that ensures products are ready to launch and that colleagues will be able to adopt new ways of working with ease.
- Inherently curious about your customer and understanding how they work, so you can help colleagues quickly get to grips with how a change moment can help them.
- Be transparent and open in all you do, creating an organizational memory of change best practice through action and demonstration, as well as process.
- Be a mentor, coach and guide to ensure product teams have a robust understanding of what it takes to successfully launch a major change moment to our colleagues.
- Partner closely with adjacent DW teams and stakeholders, such as training and Technology Communications; facilitating discussions and decision-making on the best coordinated change approach.
- Identify and nurture a community of change champions that can help evolve our change approach to reach deeper and more effectively within Business Units.
- Not afraid to get it wrong. Have a love of learning and experimenting to continuously improve, making approach and process improvements to increase the impact and adoption of major product changes.
- Be metric-driven. Quantifying the impact of a change approach, tracking colleague engagement and adoption over time, and partnering with product and communication teams to adjust plans if necessary.
- Unrivalled passion to create the world’s best colleague digital experience
- 5+ years of experience developing and delivering successful change mgmt plans for large, global releases, including communication, marketing and education.
- Business/industry work experience in learning and change management domains.
- Strong coordination, facilitation, and communication skills to bring together multiple people and teams around a shared approach.
- A proven track record of building high levels of trust and creditability that allows you to influence without authority and develop followership.
- Ability to influence and gain alignment at all levels of the organization including senior leadership
- Ability to learn quickly and with a strong track record of delivering within promised deadlines, with high quality.
- Shown how your exceptional collaboration with other departments has enabled superior product launches to be efficiently planned, deployed, and maximized
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021, 4:33:21 PM