You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Digital Workplace Technologies team has a global responsibility providing 24x7 service and support for messaging technologies used by over 85,000 users.
The Messaging Office 365 Engineer reports to the Director of Enterprise Messaging and will lead and deliver global enterprise messaging solutions.
- Assists as technical SME for Exchange and assist with supporting Email Gateway, Office 365, and Email Archive solutions
- Experience in the testing, implementation, and enablement of Office 365 services (Office, Teams, MyAnalytics, eDiscovery)
- Experience in the creation of O365 standards and best practices
- Provides technical expertise to maintain environments and troubleshoot issues
- Will act as a liaison with product teams to ensure that quality standards are adhered to during development and implementation, product deployments are carefully planned and have the necessary support procedures and documentation in place. Will work to identify and prevent potential issues before they occur.
- Ability to clearly communicate software delivery strategy and progress to key stakeholders
- Engineers technology solutions to assure compliance and security standards are being adhered to and technical objectives are being met
- Promotes and works to define process improvement initiatives to be implemented by Digital Workplace Computing teams
- Will have a forward looking mindset with a focus on emerging customer service industry trends and capabilities
- Candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact with colleagues and leaders across the organization.
- Experience with PowerShell and automation.
- Direct experience and in-depth understanding of Office 365 fundamentals and structure
- 8+ years of Experience with Exchange Online architecting, engineering, and implementing end user computing infrastructure
- 8+ years of Experience with rollout, troubleshooting, and support of an enterprise messaging environment
- Proof of Concept experience with in-depth testing, analysis, and proposal
- Experience in implementing monitoring solutions
- Experience in prevailing industry architecture and engineering methodologies - ITIL preferred
- Experience with network and server fundamentals
- Ability to think outside the box to solve complex problems and provide insight to emerging technologies
- Able to challenge the status quo and drive creative ideas and solutions; influencing others without direct authority
- Handles problems and acts on own initiative without being prompted, while knowing when to escalate decisions vs making on-the-spot decisions
- Possess ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users
- Preferred experience working with vendor teams to provide support and systems integration
- Adapts to change quickly and easily and thrive in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated analytical thinking, problem solving and adaptive communication
- Recognizes the importance of team work to achieve objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or other related field or has equivalent work experience
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 28, 2021, 7:09:48 PM