ou Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
We are seeking a candidate with specialties in Machine Learning, Data Science, and Analytics to join the Line modeling team at American Express. The incumbent will apply advanced analytics and machine learning techniques to develop line decision models for the company. He/she will interact with cross-functional teams spanning Risk, Marketing and Technology, and be responsible for the end-to-end model development and implementation.
This role will report to Director of Line modeling, Decision Science with main responsibilities including:
- Design, develop and implement the next generation of line assignment models for current AXP cardmembers
- Communicate model algorithms and results to senior leaders and business partners
- R&D on new Machine Learning techniques and their applications in line management
- Advanced degree (PhD) in quantitative field related to machine learning, such as Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Pattern Recognition, or Operation Research, is preferred.
- Hands-on experience in machine learning algorithm development or application.
- Experience in large data processing and handling, deep understanding in data science is a plus.
- Familiarity with big data platform and its applications, such as Hadoop, Hive, and Spark.
- Strong familiarity with programming languages – Python, SQL
- Strong communication skills, able to explain complex algorithm and results to business partners in simple terms.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, cross-functional environment, with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently yet being a team player
“Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.”
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 11:36:31 AM