You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs. And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Here’s just some of what you’ll do in this role:
- Deliver world-class customer service, whilst responding to Merchants inquiries and concerns
- Build meaningful relationships with our Merchants through a consultative approach, understanding their current and future needs, providing first contact resolution and negotiating a positive outcome for the Merchant and American Express
- Meet and exceed quality goals, compliance regulations and productivity targets
- Navigate computer systems and applications to service our Merchants, and enable them to get the most from our online and mobile platforms
- Document necessary information, such as payment details, Merchant change of details, change of address and travel notifications
- Re-prioritize and adapt to an ever-changing environment
- Demonstrate personal excellence by remaining positive in difficult situations
- Display a passion to serve by delivering outstanding service in every interaction with our Customers
- The ability and resilience to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment as well as multitask, using multiple systems and digital tools to service our Merchants
- Strong interpersonal, communication, verbal and written skills
- Assertiveness to handle difficult conversations
- Excellent negotiation, influencing and resourcefulness skills
- Critical, analytical and forward thinking with problem-solving skills, and strong attention to detail
Though starting in a virtual capacity, this position will be located onsite within our service center located at 18850 N 56th Street Phoenix, AZ 85051. The hours of operation will be 5am-6pm Mon-Fri. The start date for this position will be June 21st, 2021. After the 90 day training commitment, your schedule will be determined.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 11:33:32 AM