Fall Term 2021: September - December
Application Deadline: May 18, 2021
Are you ready to take your university experience and apply it in the real world? American Express has Fall 2021 internships available now. We’re looking for talented individuals who want to gain professional experience while collaborating on real business solutions. Our Internship Program lets you put your education to work on meaningful projects that have a real impact on the success of our teams. You can look forward to a mix of on-the-job experience, training, networking and mentoring – everything you’ll need to develop both personally and professionally. Because we believe the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
As a Marketing Intern at American Express you will shape how we engage with our customers, while developing the skills needed to be a marketing professional. Whether you are advertising to prospective customers, or creating marketing programs for our most tenured, you bring innovative thinking and compelling campaigns to market, and ensure that American Express delivers differentiated marketing solutions. In this role, you will be exposed to different functions across the company and be involved in various stages of marketing campaigns, from ideation to post-execution analysis. You will have the opportunity to grow our core business areas by joining one of many dynamic functions including, but not limited to: Lending, Acquisition, Member Engagement, Merchant Marketing, Insurance or Product Marketing.
Marketing Interns will gain invaluable experience through a variety of initiatives. Efforts in this role will require and nurture a broad set of skills: creative thinking, analytics, effective communication, relationship building, strategy, problem solving and leadership to name a few.
At the end of this internship, you will have developed, utilized and completed the following:
- Drive results with a ‘speed-to-market’ focus, implementing marketing initiatives from planning, management and delivery
- Adjust actions in response to a constantly changing digital and loyalty landscape, knowing when to adopt existing ideas and when to innovate
- Successfully manage and coordinate efforts within and across teams to deliver against marketing plans
- Turn relationships into productive partnerships across multiple internal and external stakeholders for successful collaboration and project/campaign success
- Superior communication and influencing skills that result in buy-in and acceptance across multiple stakeholders
- Present business recommendation and marketing plan to senior leadership
- An ability to select, review, and analyze performance drivers and data sets related to performance of products/services
- Draw actionable insights from analyses and initiate collaboration with internal/external partners to optimize marketing programs
- Currently pursuing an undergraduate Commerce/Business/Management degree with a demonstrated interest in marketing and/or general management
- Target graduation date in 2022 or 2023
- Demonstrated ability with multi-tasking, project management, attention to detail and prioritization skills in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated communications skills, both written and verbal
- A proven ability to challenge the status quo and improve existing processes
- A focus on innovation and the desire to own a project from conception through implementation, and evaluation
- Excellent relationship management skills, and comfort working across various levels within an organization to drive results
Please ensure you sign the electronic signature on the last page of the application in order to submit your application successfully!
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
American Express is committed to providing an inclusive and accessible work environment in which all people who apply for positions or who work for or on behalf of Amex are treated with dignity and respect and are provided with equal treatment with respect to employment, regardless of that person’s age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, race, colour, ancestry, ethnic or national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, family status, pregnancy, disability, record of offences, social condition or origin, political beliefs, association or activity or other factors prohibited under applicable Human Rights legislation (the “Prohibited Grounds”). If you have a disability and need accommodation, please speak with the Recruiter for more information.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 10:09:22 AM