You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Our Global Commercial Services team is seeking a driven, well-rounded computer science professional to join our growing team. You must be a self-starter! Eager to learn new technology trends, and partner with the business teams to ensure technology changes do not impact our customers. If you are an engineer with a passion for operating things and the desire to understand full stack (business down to infrastructure), and you embrace the instinct to code problems away, then this dynamic role is for you!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with product team & technical experts to identify optimal solutions for business requirements.
- Contribute to analysis, design of software components, and develop software with highest quality
- Understand & adopt best practices. enterprise guidelines during software development.
- Identify technical debts in the platform and work with leads & product owner to triage based on criticality.
- Provide post-implementation production support for applications/services.
- Guide junior team members in the project during software development.
- Contribute to CI/CD initiatives like Test Automation, Alerting & Monitoring strategy etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; proven industry experience.
- 5+ years of full stack software development with extensive knowledge in Angular/React
- Experience in building & hosting applications on cloud platform is a plus.
- Experience in developing software applications using agile methodologies.
- Experience in supporting production issues post implementation.
- Full stack software development using Java 8 or higher with Spring framework, Spring Boot, REST APIs, microservices architecture, RDBMS (Postgres/Oracle or similar) with UI design & development using Angular/React as core skills.
- Experience in delivering software using DevOps practices like CI/CD, Automated testing, Alerting & Monitoring etc.,
- Good understanding of application security principles & remediating vulnerabilities.
- Understanding of multi-tier application architectures and related development
- Proven experience in creating automated tests using test frameworks.
- Knowledge and understanding of the SDLC principles.
- Understanding of BDD & TDD practices.
- Excellent collaboration & communication skills
- Open to learn & experiment on leading/innovative technologies.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 4:33:36 AM