You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
About American Express Cloud Engineering (CE):
American Express Cloud Engineering (CE) provides comprehensive platform that enables business critical applications to have Faster Time-to-Market for American Express. CE offers fast-paced rapid code-to-development models and services such as Platform-as-a-Service, Infrastructure-as-a-Service, DB-as-a-Service, Analytics-as-a-Service, Messaging-as-a-Service, CICD Pipelines, etc. for application developers in a hybrid cloud environment. Cloud Engineering enables Application developers to write modern scalable cloud native applications.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be leading and driving the testing and implementation of the next generation of Platform-as-a- Service for American Express. You will be working closely with our Software Engineers, Business Partners and Systems
Engineers and have an opportunity to work with multitude of tools and technologies.
- Leverage coding expertise to develop and maintain test tools and frameworks to validate unit, integration and functional
- Design and develop mock frameworks to help QE team complete E2E testing by stubbing out various different
- Develop API libraries that can be used by QE team to extend the integration testing for various cloud platform integration
workflows (i.e. PaaS, IaaS, CI/CD, Network)
- Research market and industry trends in the development and maintenance of test tools and frameworks
- Work closely with development, QE and infrastructure teams to collaborate on tools and methods to improve the quality
of cloud platform offerings
- Develop complex integration test cases based on formal and informal requirements, debug and isolate bugs and drive to
- Integrate test automation with Jenkins and execute regression tests on nightly build
- Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g. Git, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence)
- Mentor QE team members on test automation best practices
- Help out with manual testing efforts during crunch phase
- 5+ years hands-on Java development experience - 2+ years TestNG or Junit experience
- 2+ year experience building / Testing REST API’s - 3+ years in Linux, particularly Red Hat/CentOS
- 1+ years Jenkins experience - 1+ years Maven experience - 1+ year Docker
Nice to haves:
- Exposure to Groovy or willing to learn
- WebDriver automation experience a big plus
- Experience with Cloud technologies (OpenShift, OpenStack, Kubernetes)
- Knowledge on logging & monitoring tools like Splunk, AppDynamics, Grafana, etc is a plus - Experience in Docker, Vagrant, Kubernetes is a plus
- Fast learner, eager to use and understand new technologies
- Detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and problem-solving ability
- Can demonstrate dedication to quality and have a positive, collaborative approach to testing
- Self-motivated; always in the look-out for improvement opportunities and can work independently - Knowledge in cloud/cloud consumption (primarily in private cloud)
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Agile Practices
- Porting/Software Configuration
- Programming Languages and Frameworks - Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 11, 2021, 8:54:08 PM