You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
From building next-generation apps and microservices in Kotlin to using AI to help protect our customers from fraud, you could be doing transformational work that brings our iconic, global brand into the future. As a part of our tech team, we could work together to bring ground-breaking and diverse ideas to life that power the digital systems, services, products and platforms that millions of customers around the world depend on. If you love to work with APIs, contribute to open source, or use the latest technologies, we’ll support you with an open environment and learning culture to grow your career.
You will be responsible for the planning, coordination and status reporting of non-Agile projects from initiation to implementation. Responsible for handling project costs, resources, change requests, risks and issues to ensure that maximum business benefits are maintained. Provides regular project status updates.
Individual contributor working on a team responsible for handling non-technology development projects or programs
How will you make an impact in this role?
- Develops project plans and ensures that the scope and approach are fully understood by all partners
- Identifies and tracks key project achievements
- Ensures all systems of record for project reporting are kept current, and directs and monitors work efforts on a regular basis
- Ensures accurate reflection of project budgets, forecasts and actuals within project and program management tools
- Monitors and communicates progress of project delivery by cost, forecast, schedule and assessment of risks/issues
- Ensures effective change control procedures and processes are efficiently used to retain control on scope, schedule and cost
Range of Impact/Influence
- Deliver small projects that result in functional change to a single business product/service or provide support to medium to at scale projects that deliver significant change to multiple applications for single business products/services
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required
- Prior relevant Technology and business work experience
High Performance Behaviors:
- Ability to handle project resources and achievement timelines
- Ability to control budget, costs, and financial variances
- Ability to track and mitigate project risks
- Ability to ensure project meets compliance and regulatory obligations
- Requires financial acuity in terms of representing project financials using internal tools May have business experience in a functional domain
Technology Skills You'll Use Every Day:
- Adaptive Communication
- Agile Practices
- Industry and Company Knowledge
- Organizational Change
- Technical Acuity
- Technology Industry Trends
- Collaboration & Partnership
- Continuous Improvement
- Servant Leadership
Role/Strengths You’ll Need:
- Portfolio, Program, and Project Support
- Project Management
- Analytical Thinking
- Decision Making Influence
- Relationship Management
- Planning & Organizing
- Problem Solving
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 30, 2021, 6:50:04 PM