You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Credit and Fraud Risk (CFR) Operational Excellence (OE) team is part of American Express’ first line of defense and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies enabling sustainable growth and best-in-class customer experience while maintaining an effective and efficient control environment and responding with discipline to operational breakdowns. The team is also responsible for comprehensive implementation of the Operational Risk Management framework adopted by the company and consisting of several core components including governance, forward-looking risk assessment, business and environment internal control factors, reporting and monitoring across CFR globally. The CFR OE team has a global remit with teams in New York, Phoenix, and Gurgaon. This role will be a critical part of the CFR OE team located in Gurgaon.
CFR Operational Excellence aims to ensure that the business unit has a robust first line of defense, actively supporting the Business in delivering on its business objectives and demonstrating an effective control framework, ensuring:
- Robust, sustainable core processes that drive high levels of process quality
- Strong governance and control practices and accountability - local and central
- Product and processes that comply with applicable laws, regulations and policies, with effective controls and rigorous testing to prove it
Purpose of Role:
- Area of responsibilities for this position will primarily include governance of AEMP 10 (TLM). Ensure Control/Compliance rating for the applicable programs are protected. Educate and raise aware among the business to comply with the programs. Implement process improvements to ensure robust AEMP 10 (TLM) program for CFR
- Partnering with other 1st/2nd line of defense organizations – ORGG, LOBCO, Info Sec, Privacy etc. and key members of the Business, who are located across the globe
- One of the primary focus will be to become a trusted advisor to business explaining the rationale for policy related activities and the value that it brings for improving the business control environment
- Partner closely with various stakeholders to monitor changes and maintain accurate data, follow pragmatic and risk-based approach to effectively balance policy obligations and control rating impacts against business growth implications
- Perform comprehensive analysis (both qualitative and quantitative) and development of dashboard reporting on these programs for senior leadership
- Driving Colleague - Engagement, Development, and Growth initiatives towards building and sustaining CoE to be a Great Place to Work (GPTW)
Critical Factors to Success:
- Must have a risk mindset, with extensive knowledge of operational risk concepts and programs, and the ability to drive assessment of risks and determine effectiveness of controls and testing.
- Strong ability to understand process and/or operations management
- Strong collaboration skills and demonstrated ability to network globally
- Strong communication skills combined with an ability to interact effectively with senior leaders and business partners
- Proven ability to adjust quickly to shifting priorities, multiple demands, ambiguity, and rapid change/Project Management
- People leader experience desirable
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS-Office with experience of MIS and Reporting. Experience with Tableau will be a plus.
- Strong work ethic with an intense will-to-win and demonstrated personal excellence
- Proven track record of successfully operating in a highly matrix environment and being able to lead and influence without direct authority
- Minimum Experience Requirement: 6+ months of experience.
- Direct credit risk experience or knowledge of credit risk processes and systems strongly preferred
- Basic Understanding of Amex data SORs and data aggregators preferred
- Advanced degree in computer programming, data science, engineering, or a related quantitative field of study is required
- Credit Risk
- Hands-on experience in any of the following programming languages: SAS/SQL, HIVE, PySpark
- Exposure to reporting tools like Tableau is a plus
Knowledge of Platforms:
- Amex Cornerstone Platform
- Enterprise Risk Management Tools is a plus
- Set The Agenda: Define What Winning Looks Like, Put Enterprise Thinking First, Lead with an External Perspective
- Bring Others With You: Build the Best Team, Seek & Provide Coaching Feedback, Make Collaboration Essential
- Do It The Right Way: Communicate Frequently, Candidly & Clearly, Make Decisions Quickly & Effectively, Live the Blue Box Values, Great Leadership Demands Courage
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 13, 2021, 2:34:16 PM