You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
The Enterprise Investment Optimization Analytics & Insights team in Corporate Planning & Analysis leads the strategic decisioning of billions of dollars of investments at an Enterprise level. Our team’s goal is to help the organization use data to drive decisions around investments and deep dive on investment results.
This position will help drive critical decision support to senior executives across both the business units and finance, including the EVP and Head of Corporate Planning and the AXP CFO. The ideal candidate must possess stellar analytical skills as well as excellent communication skills.
Impact you’ll make:
- Energize and inspire a team of professionals that will provide value-add strategic and analytical support
- Lead analytical projects with strategic thinking to optimize investments at an enterprise level and ensure long-term goals are achieved
- Lead Enterprise investment processes including R&O, Plan and Long Range Plan
- Deliver deep analytics and insights within the investments space
- Prepare decision support materials for Board of Directors, Revenue Growth Forum, Executive Committee, Investor Relations and other senior management forums
- Collaborate closely with Corporate Planning and LFO teams to appropriately reflect business strategies in planning and forecasts, manage investment P&L lines and deep dive on investment results
What you’ll bring:
- Strong background in Financial Services with expertise in card economics, investments, discounted cash flow models and P&L
- Hands-on experience managing/leading projects using large amounts of data
- Highly motivated individual with desire to lead ambiguous projects, with the ability to break down and execute on complex ideas
- Be data-driven, outcome-focused and fast learner
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem-solving skills with good attention to detail
- Ability to influence people across all levels of the organization
- Solid oral and written communication skills with the proven ability to present complex topics simply and succinctly to a senior audience
- Proficiency in Python, R, HIVE, Tableau knowledge preferred
- Masters in Finance or similar field preferred
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 2:56:51 PM