“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
About Network Solutions and Operations
The Network Solutions & Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions through the global payments processing network that we develop and manage. The NSO team is driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modernize the Network and create innovative products, services, and capabilities – for the whole Enterprise – that will anticipate the needs of customers by enabling more types of payments.
The payments landscape is constantly evolving, with new models appearing (e.g. Open Banking, cryptocurrencies, etc...), new means of payments (e.g. form factors, RTP rails…), and an increased demand for one-stop-shop offering. FinTech have grown significantly to capture those new opportunities, while Big Tech companies are increasingly participating as well.
As a response to this environment, the Amex Network needs to shape the “Network of the future”, keep on innovating and developing new initiatives that will help the enterprise achieve its goals.
The Senior Manager – reporting into the VP of Network Strategy – will be responsible for driving the following activities:
- Own and drive the publication of Network Strategy and Network Roadmap documents
- Based on business needs and competitive developments, evaluate new products and capabilities to prioritize on the Network (articulate the Value Proposition, business case, alternative strategic paths, etc)
- Support the creation of material for yearly Board of Directors meeting (along with senior leadership presentation for investment planning)
- Evaluate strategic fit for inbound opportunities - coming for M&A and Ventures team
- Manage the Network roadmap process across NSO senior leadership
- Lead Enterprise forums with senior stakeholders across all business units to drive a cohesive enterprise strategy (e.g. Network council, Network strategy forum, M&A/Ventures forum…)
- Stay informed with initiatives across the enterprise and connect the dots across all
- Continuously monitor (and drive implications from) market and competitive intelligence
- Support ad hoc new strategic initiatives with thought leadership and drive stretch projects
- Relevant experience: Strong strategic thinking and critical thinking, with track record of developing frameworks in white space, structuring complex problems into multiple simpler problems.
- Executive communication skills: ability to communicate clearly and simply complex concepts for executive audience. Excellent powerpoint skills and story telling.
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Deep knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies.
- Thought leadership: Ability to diagnose, synthesize and translate the current state of business and make a proposal for enhancement identifying opportunities for a revenue stream.
- Transformation spirit: Track record for change management and delivery in complex and matrixed organizations. Result-oriented and familiar with changes, willing to challenge the status quo to effectively compete and differentiate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Cross-functional experience: Experience leading and managing cross-functional projects.
- Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, strategic risk-taking, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving.
- Highly collaborative: Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders
- Great attitude: High energy, an optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humor.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2021, 5:09:39 PM