“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Job Title: Manager/Senior Manager, Kabbage Line of Credit (LOC) Risk, Credit Limit and Customer Management (B35)
American Express has recently completed the acquisition of Kabbage, a leading financial technology company providing cash flow management solutions to U.S. small businesses. The strategic acquisition is an important step towards our enterprise goal of being an essential partner to small businesses through a broad range of payment, cash flow and financial management products and tools. The integration of the Kabbage business also enables us to provide expanded financing options with the backing of our best-in-class risk management capabilities and Credit & Fraud Risk teams.
The LOC – Credit Limit and Customer Management team is looking for a Manager/Senior Manager to develop and drive strategy of assigning and managing customer’s credit limit, as well as strategy to suspend and cancel customer’s credit limit in high risk scenarios.
- Develop risk management solutions for Line of Credit (LOC) product in support of credit risk, fraud risk, operational risk, and/or customer acquisition and retention strategies leveraging commercial and/or consumer bureau data, as well as data maintained in our proprietary closed loop environment
- Create sound strategies for assigning and managing credit limit for new and existing customers; apply statistical knowledge in iterating and testing limit assignment strategies
- Develop core risk management rules and policies through innovative solutions in collaboration with internal and external partners to leverage external partner platforms and data
- Close collaboration with partners and stakeholders to drive results and grow the portfolio
- Closely Partner with teams across Enterprise Digital, Product and Finance to develop partner strategies that enable prudent and profitable growth, while controlling for through-the-cycle volatility
- Enhance risk decisions by incorporating new information, new techniques, and changing factors
- Build strong relationships and provide proactive and thoughtful communications to stakeholders and partner teams
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, and translate that data using statistical, financial, machine learning, engineering, or business intelligence techniques into actionable business insights and strategies.
- Identify and evaluate new data sources (regulated and non-regulated) that could add incremental profitability to LOC and to other American Express's products/services
- Minimum 1-2 years in lending or banking/payments risk management or strongly analytical function
- Prior experience in Commercial Risk preferred
- Credit Risk Management experience with an in-depth understanding of the end-to-end credit lifecycle, as well as understanding of credit metrics and processes
- Demonstrated analytical skills and a rigorous, data-driven approach to problem-solving
- Experienced with SQL, SAS and translating data insights to strategies; knowledge in Python and Pandas is strongly preferred
- Effective collaboration skills to bring others along, high energy, and a proven team-first mentality
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate, build strong relationships, manage, and influence multiple partners and other stakeholders (internal and external)
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in risk management and fraud risk (Graduate degree in Mathematics, Engineering, Statistics or MBA) is strongly desired
Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 11, 2021, 4:40:36 PM