“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
This position will be a key member of the U.S. Consumer Compliance Team at American Express. The position requires the provision of Compliance oversight and guidance in the management of an effective Compliance program for Consumer Pricing Capabilities and Lending Features for open-end credit products at American Express. Specifically, this position will:
- Maintain a proficient knowledge of banking laws and regulations and their impact on the Bank’s products, operations and services, in particular, consumer protection laws and regulations governing credit card activities.
- Serve as compliance subject matter expert for consumer credit laws and regulations, including Regulation Z and UDAAP, especially the technology implications.
- Provide leadership and guidance to AET, Consumer, and business partners with regard to compliance related projects and interface effectively with support units to ensure proper communication and collaboration across organization lines.
- Define, ensure documentation of, and approve compliance requirements for US Card systems, particularly those supporting Consumer Pricing Capabilities and Lending Feature initiatives.
- Create and/or approve, and validate results of, pre- and post-implementation test condition scenarios to assure technology is developed and implemented in accordance with Compliance-approved requirements and design.
- Coordinate with impacted businesses in the identification and resolution of compliance gaps in business systems and processes. Monitor the tracking and closure of all related corrective action plans.
- Research laws, regulations, operating policies and procedures to provide guidance to business partners regarding regulatory requirements.
- Help create and support the implementation of smart monitoring and BSTs for Pricing Capabilities and Lending Features to help the continued evolvement of the overall Compliance Program.
- Support regulatory examinations and internal/external audits as necessary.
- Work closely with General Counsel’s Office on the implementation of new / revised legislation and regulations, as applicable.
- Support Compliance Program initiatives related to the product portfolio, including the Business Unit Compliance Assessment (BUCA), the Compliance Risk Assessment (CRA) and the Annual Compliance Plan (ACP).
This position is part of a centralized team responsible for administering a comprehensive regulatory compliance program for American Express U.S. Consumer. This position will provide leadership and guidance to American Express Technologies (AET) and business partners to ensure that the AET software and infrastructure supporting US Consumer Card businesses is designed, programmed, and tested in a manner that assures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. This position will focus on Pricing Capabilities and Lending Feature processes and capabilities. The position will interface regularly with management, AET and business partners, and with the General Counsel’s Office.
- Strong computer knowledge: excellent MS Word, Excel, and PowePoint skills.
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically.
- Strong project management skills; ability to multi-task effortlessly and manage competing priorities and cross-functional projects under demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of U.S. Consumer open-end credit laws and regulations.
- Ability to research, assess and determine regulatory impact to business systems, processes and initiatives and influence decisions accordingly.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to communicate and collaborate effectively at different levels of the organization.
- Strong consultative skills to support business partners and AET; proven ability to build and grow relationships; effectively communicate requirements and issues to all levels of staff and management; able to influence others to achieve desired results.
- Persistence in conducting root-cause analysis and excellent attention to detail while keeping broader issues/objectives in mind; ability to develop recommendations for practical solutions to compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions independently, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and adapt easily to frequent change.
- Compliance, audit, legal experience or equivalent work experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 23, 2021, 4:44:11 PM