At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
Global Lending and Co-brands, a business unit within the Global Consumer Services Group at American Express, is responsible for accelerating growth in our lending and co-brand portfolios to meet our customers’ evolving buying and payment needs while diversifying revenue streams and driving top line growth. It leads company’s efforts to manage our relationships with co-brand partners and expand our suite of consumer lending products by bringing deep expertise to deliver products, services, and strategies that will improve our competitive position in each of our markets globally.
Global Lending and Co-brands organization is currently hiring a Vice President who will lead product strategy and portfolio management for the US Lending on Charge portfolio. Winning wallet regrowth is a key priority for Global Lending and Co-brands organization, and profitably growing the share of our Premium Products Card members’ lend wallets through product improvements and by driving lending awareness and engagement is the core objective of this role. This exciting role requires outstanding collaboration skills along with product and lending expertise to partner across multiple business partners and drive results.
- Lead product strategy and portfolio management for US Lending on Charge business with a focus on driving portfolio growth.
- Drive Pay Over Time product improvements to deliver on lend charge convergence roadmap.
- Drive awareness, adoption, and engagement with lending features amongst Charge Card members.
- Effectively collaborate with our cross-functional business partners including channel marketing teams, credit risk, finance, legal, compliance, technology and other stakeholders to take core growth initiatives to market.
- Maintain an understanding of the current and future state of competition and the market to identify and act upon key opportunities and threats in a timely fashion.
- Lead a team of 10 high-performing product management, development and product marketing colleagues with a strong focus on engagement and development.
Ideal candidate will be highly strategic with strong ability to influence, outstanding leadership skills, excellent communication, and project management skills:
- Experience – Deep understanding of consumer lending space, lending economics and product management expertise; P&L experience a plus
- Leadership – strong people leader and team player with demonstrated ability to develop and encourage people and build highly effective and results-driven culture
- Results Driven - Ability to drive results in a complex, matrixed environment, and lead through persuasion and expertise
- Strong customer focus – the ability to view issues from a customer lens
- Proven Thought Leadership – ability to identify and synthesize trends to provide value added analysis and recommendations for improvement to leadership team.
- Collaboration & Relationship Skills – strong relationship management and conflict resolution skills. Proven track record of positively collaborating with and influencing partners in a matrixed environment to achieve outcomes without direct responsibility
- Communications Skills – ability to communicate clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form to different audiences with varying backgrounds.
- MBA or 10+ years of work experience
- Depending on factors such as business unit requirements, the nature of the position, cost and applicable laws, American Express may provide visa sponsorship for certain positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021, 4:22:28 PM