“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
Network Certification Services (NCS) is part of American Express Network Solutions and Operations. The team is primarily responsible for enabling customers on American Express internal systems, establishing connectivity between customers and the American Express network, and certification of messages to the relevant specification. Our customers are vendors, processors, network issuers and acquirers. The mission of NCS is to ensure our business partners can successfully transact with the American Express Global Network according to American Express specifications, rules, and regulations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
NCS analysts are responsible for leading certification efforts, assisting an external customer through the testing journey. This role will require thought leadership to develop and execute the appropriate support model for API certification. API use continues to increase in payments; this role will play a key role in defining/supporting the customer testing and implementation process for APIs. The successful candidate will have experience working through ambiguity, navigating technical needs, and working with external customers. It is also important that the candidate can read and understand the technical message specifications.
- Familiarity with API function, purpose, and structure.
- Experience developing operational support processes.
- Comfortable driving results through ambiguity.
- Effective communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Possess excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to translate technical details to non-technical business partners.
- Ability to comprehend technical specifications and consult on errors experienced during the certification process.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage the completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of the payments industry and emerging technology preferred.
- Strong will to win and able to work as part of a team.
- Strong work ethic to learn the unknown and positive attitude.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 22, 2021, 3:25:44 PM