You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As part of our diverse tech team, you can architect, code and ship software that makes us an essential part of our customers’ digital lives. Here, you can work alongside talented engineers in an open, supportive, inclusive environment where your voice is valued, and you make your own decisions on what tech to use to solve challenging problems. Amex offers a range of opportunities to work with the latest technologies and encourages you to back the broader engineering community through open source. And because we understand the importance of keeping your skills fresh and relevant, we give you dedicated time to invest in your professional development. Find your place in technology on #TeamAmex.
Our Global Commercial Services team is seeking a driven, well-rounded computer science professional to join our growing team. You must be a self-starter! Eager to learn new technology trends, and partner with the business teams to ensure technology changes do not impact our customers. If you are an engineer with a passion for operating things and the desire to understand full stack (business down to infrastructure), and you embrace the instinct to code problems away, then this dynamic role is for you!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead the analysis, high level & low level design for product enhancements & new capabilities.
- Collaborate with architects & peers to design applications that aligns with long term architecture strategy and Enterprise guidelines.
- Provide technical leadership to team members by mentoring & coaching, design & code reviews etc.,
- Proactively identify technical debts in the platform and prioritize with product owners to resolve them before it results in production impact.
- Maintain high standards of software quality by defining & enforcing best practices & processes for teams to follow
- Lead with “Automation mind-set” - Eliminate repetitive manual process through automation.
- Work with various stakeholders to plan the releases, identify risks & mitigation throughout project lifecycle.
- Understand platform roadmap and contribute to the platform strategy initiatives.
- Stay current on the enterprise initiatives, mandatory compliance/regulatory technical requirements and ensure the requirements are met.
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements, challenge status quo and demonstrate taking risks.
- Continuously identify opportunities to improve efficiency of the team by analyzing existing workflow, driving the team to be more effective, productive, and demonstrating faster and stronger results.
- Mentor and guide junior team members to success within the team
- Excellent communication & co-ordination skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred; proven industry experience.
- 8+ years of software engineering, architecture experience.
- Proven ability to architect, design & implement scalable, resilient, highly available solutions to complex business problems.
- Experience in leading 1 or more scrum teams and providing technical directions to the teams.
- Experience in designing, developing & hosting cloud-based applications
- Experience supporting production issues with on-call support.
- Significant expertise in architecture & design patterns, designing & building enterprise applications.
- Experience in one or more cloud platforms is a plus.
- Hands on experience in designing & developing applications using Angular/React , Java 8 or higher with Spring framework, Spring Boot, REST APIs, Spring Security or similar security frameworks, RDBMS(Postgres/Oracle or similar), Containerization etc.,
- Hands-on experience in analyzing production issues using logging, monitoring & alerting tools.
- Thorough knowledge on application security guidelines & vulnerabilities management
- Experience on DevOps related practices such as CI/CD, Logging, Observability, Monitoring etc.,
- Thorough knowledge of multi-tier application architectures.
- Proven experience in driving test automation using test frameworks
- Knowledge and understanding of the SDLC principles and key controls
- Good understanding of BDD & TDD practices.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Offer of employment with American Express is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 3:24:34 AM