You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
American Express has embarked on an exciting transformation journey to boldly pursue big ideas that power transformation advances for the company. As a Service Assurance and Engineering Team with expertise in groundbreaking technology transformation, we drive service assurance for business critical capabilities. Our engineering team is nimble, creative and empowered to improve customer experiences and services. As a member of our team, you get the best of both worlds by partnering with developers to build state of the art capabilities as well as being able to assure reliable customer experiences. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, American Express is a phenomenal place to launch or grow your career.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, collaborate with development and partner interfacing teams.
- Debug defects as well as develop dashboards using modern monitoring tools (e.g. DT1, Splunk) to enable reduction in detection time.
- Effectively lead a bridge and escalate as part of a larger incident management process.
- Function as member of a DevOps Team following the agile practice provide design inputs and operational standard methodologies.
- Effectively communicate to business and leadership on restoration.
- Demonstrate the ability to collaborate and contribute to established goals.
- Influence team members with creative changes and improvements by challenging status quo and demonstrating risk taking.
- Liaise between Global Infrastructure, interfacing development, Product Owners and other partner teams to improve performance and availability.
- Ability to build positive relationships with your team, business and technology partners to achieve established goals.
- Ability to effectively interpret technical/business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
Education & Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, computer science engineering or related technical experience. Up to 2 years of dynamic experience in software engineering.
- Experience with identifying application/infrastructure risks and mitigation strategy and the ability to work with a team to ensure risks are mitigated.
- Experience with debugging techniques for root cause analysis of issues.
- ITIL working knowledge: Event, Incident, Release, Problem and Knowledge Management.
- Experience in one or more of the following: programming languages, networking, Linux/Windows, mainframe, middleware, databases, cloud.
- Distributed (multi-tiered) systems, large scale infrastructure and design involving Java, J2ee, API’s (Rest,Soap), React technologies & Spring framework
- Experience with debugging infrastructural and Database (Oracle, Db2,Couchbase etc) related issues.
- Experience with using CICD tools (Jenkins, Github etc)
- Experience in building automations (using scripting/Ansible/Python/Java etc).
- Performance troubleshooting and tuning, experience implementing high availability solutions like Always on, Clustering, Mirroring etc.
- Experience working with application performance monitoring, Moogsoft or an equivalent tool to improve overall efficiency.
- DevOps knowledge for highly-available IT infrastructure
- Building live production APIs and services.
- Experience with automation development.
- Familiar with Agile or other rapid application development methods.
- Hands-on expertise with application design, software development and automated testing.
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 3, 2021, 11:53:47 AM