The Digital Brand Products team sits within the Global Advertising and Brand Management organization. The team’s mission is to position the American Express brand at the forefront of innovation by creating digital brand products and experiences that address evolving customer needs, deliver differentiated value, and continue to make American Express an essential part of our customers’ lives.
The Director, Digital Brand Products is responsible for leading a team to drive strategy and innovation across digital brand journeys, including the ShopSmall.com experience. The team needs to identify ways to bring disruptive ideas to the forefront, influence key business stakeholders and ultimately inspire the organization to bring powerful concepts to life in exciting new ways.
This role requires deep collaboration with a number of different internal teams across the enterprise, as well as some third-party partners:
- American Express Technology (AET) = This includes the five dedicated engineering teams that support this work as well as many other up and downstream teams that are leveraged to bring our products to life.
- Enterprise Product, Partnership & Marketing Teams = This includes Amex Labs, Enterprise Digital and Analytics (EDA), Global Loyalty and Benefits, Global Merchant Services, and Strategic Partnerships.
- Third-party and agency partners
Overview of Responsibilities
- Define the overarching digital brand journey strategy and product roadmap
- Inspire creativity across the product and engineering teams, pursue new ideas that push boundaries, leverage emerging technology solutions to drive customer-first innovations
- Drive test and learn programs, and champion risk taking across the team
- Build relationships and collaborate closely with other business, product and technology teams across the enterprise
- Ensure flawless execution and delivery
- 7 years of digital product or digital marketing experience
- Dynamic and experienced people leader who can build strong and trusted relationships, and collaborate well across product, technology and business teams
- Strategic and creative thinker who can translate customer insights into best-in-class digital user experience design
- Proven track record of concepting, building and launching digital products and capabilities
- Exceptional partner management skills with the ability to gain consensus on key business decisions
- Superior communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to engage, influence and inspire a variety of audiences and stakeholders at all levels
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work under tight timelines and oversee multiple project priorities across the team
- Enthusiasm and passion for emerging technologies, digital capabilities and disruptive thinking
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 11:19:21 AM