“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
American Express is looking for energetic, high-performing and highly skilled Engineers to help shape our technology and product roadmap. You will be part of the fast-paced, entrepreneurial Enterprise focused on delivering the next generation data engineering solutions. The team will be responsible for experience for our Card members by delivering world-class innovative solutions leveraging and processing TBs of data, to provide highly personalized card member experience and to drive profitable growth for the organization.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insights and new perspectives are at the core of how we create more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. Centric to it is Big Data and batch/real-time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies to deliver innovative solutions across multiple business units.
Purpose of the Role:
- Be part of Marketing Technology and Insights Organization that leads the delivery of marketing capabilities, products and customer value streams within American Express.
- Our team of Business Intelligence and Analytics group work with the Enterprise Digital & Analytics and U.S. Consumer Services product teams toto engineer data, platforms and insights to drive digital adoption and increased experimentation; refine and perfect customer journeys across all our digital channels; and deliver business intelligence analytics for U.S. customer growth and retention, Merchant Offers, Marketing, Loyalty Personalization, and Privacy and deliver data and analytics capabilities enabling business intelligence for the Global Merchant business. This team will also partner with the Chief Data Officer organization and our Big Data Engineering and Product teams to develop our Enterprise Business Intelligence Strategy aimed at rationalizing and optimizing our investment in BI technology and ensuring compliance with internal data governance and external regulatory standards.
- Function as member of an agile team by contributing to software builds through consistent development practices (tools, common components, and documentation)
- Demonstrate increased self-reliance to achieve team goals
- Participate in code reviews and automated testing
- Debug basic software components and identify code defects for remediation
- Enable the development, support, and monitoring of software across test, integration, and production environments
- Automate deployments in test or production environments • Automatically scale applications based on demand projections
- To build the backend logic for aggregating the data required for the dashboard.
- To provide technical solution design to meet business requirements.
- To collaborate with business partners to gather the requirements, suggest on architecture and visualization wireframe and build Dashboards.
- To work with project teams in technical issue resolution in line with company and platform standards.
- Identify and adopt new technologies to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
- Personalized user experience
- Design and deliver innovative tableau visualizations across multiple business units
- Adaptive to learn new technologies be it BI tools, Bigdata or real time data analysis to enhance user experience and predict future challenges
- Put enterprise thinking first, connect the role’s agenda to enterprise priorities and balance the needs of customers, partners, colleagues & shareholders.
- Lead with an external perspective, challenge status quo and bring continuous innovation to our existing offerings
- Demonstrate learning agility, make decisions quickly and with the highest level of integrity
- Lead with a digital mindset and deliver the world’s best customer experiences every day
- 10+ years of Software Development experience, with a BS or MS Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other Technical discipline including practical experience effectively interpreting technical and business objectives and challenges and designing solutions.
- Expertise in Big Data technologies like Hive, Map Reduce, Spark, Java, Scala, Python
- Design, Architect, Code Review and Technical discussion with the team on best solutions possible.
- Suggest and Recommend Solution Architecture to business problems
- Suggest and Recommend the wireframes of the dashboards.
- Knowledge or POCs on other visualization tools like Zeppelin, Qlikview, Kibana is good to have.
- Experience with design and coding across one or more platforms and as appropriate
- Hands-on experience with application design, software development, and automated testing
- Exposure to distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
- Design, architect and deliver IT solution
- Strong knowledge of Big Data Technologies ( Hive, Spark , Java, Scala , Python, PySpark etc) and BI tools like Tableau
- REST/GraphQL/gRPC APIs
- Event Driven Microservice architecture - Kafka, etc
- Ability to implement scalable, high performing, secure, highly available solutions
- Knowledge/ experience in Distributed NoSQL databases(Couchbase, Cassandra, Redis, HBASE)
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes leveraging Jenkins, XLR and Maven.
- Advanced Visualization Splunk, D3
- Some experience in Real Time Visualization is preferable
- Good knowledge about the configuration management tools like Github.
- Good understanding of CI/CD processes leveraging Jenkins, SBT, XLR and Maven.
- Understanding of various SDLC methodologies particularly Agile and tools such as Confluence, Rally / Jira .
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 4, 2021, 1:15:51 PM