The Global Commercial Services (GCS) –Global and U.S. Large Enterprise Client Group (G&L) manages American Express’ largest and strategically important commercial clients – driving differentiated value and providing solutions that meet the diverse and global needs of the company’s most valuable customers. The organization is on a journey to transform and reimagine how to best position AXP in the commercial space, to ensure mutual success for our customers and American Express through COVID recovery and beyond.
The newly formed U.S. Industry Verticals team is a client management organization with B2B specialization focused on profitably accelerating B2B penetration. The role offers a prime opportunity to be at the forefront of this strategic transformation.
This Client Manager will report to 1 of the 2 new U.S. Verticals Directors focused on Manufacturing and Retail, Food & Beverage, and Professional Services. The successful candidate must have an entrepreneurial drive, a winning track record of uncovering and implementing new business opportunities, delivering differentiated and customer-first solutions and B2B payments experience.
- Serve as the B2B payments expert for all commercial solutions within portfolio to deliver on the GCS value proposition
- Identify and implement portfolio growth and retention strategies within high B2B penetration and/or high growth opportunity industries by leveraging in-depth industry knowledge and client needs; Thoughtfully and quickly adapt plans and priorities when needed to achieve the desired outcome.
- Build and safeguard strong client relationships to drive NPS and sustainable volume; Identify gaps in senior client relationships and with decision makers and implement strategies to bridge them.
- Lead development of client renewal and expansions proposals; negotiate deal constructs and oversee implementation of solutions; Innovatively overcome complex client barriers; quickly and thoughtfully resolve escalated issues.
- Build and cultivate collaborative relationships to implement customized and strategic account plans and expand supplier network and spend growth; Key partners include various divisions of American Express including by not limited to GCS, GMNS, B2B Enablement, Analytics, Pricing, Finance, Legal and Marketing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ prior strategic relationship management and/or business development experience.
- Knowledge of B2B, key trends, and payment processes
- Results oriented with entrepreneurial approach to portfolio management; ability to proactively identify and close profitable opportunities
- Ability to gain in-depth understanding of client needs to inform and execute client-focused plans with limited support and guidance
- Proven relationship management and negotiation skills; experience in successfully establishing C-level relationships and within cross-functional areas within large companies
- Innovative and solutions-oriented approach to overcoming barriers impacting client value or growth; Ability to effectively influence and manage change
- Effective oral and written communication skills, with the ability to influence internal and external partners; to effectively present products, technical solutions, and financials to clients
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Role requires ~30% travel (outside of COVID)
- There are 7 Manager positions spanning the following geographic US locations: Northeast, South, West, East (preference to be located near a major airport)
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 12:01:08 AM