“You Lead the Way. We’ve Got Your Back.
At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible - and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way. When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.”
About Network Solutions and Operation
The Network Solution and Operations team (NSO) is the heart of the American Express Enterprise, powering billions of transactions throught the global payments processing network that we develop and manage. The NSO team is driving a strategic, multi-year transformation to modermize the Network and create innovative products, services, and capabilitites that will anticipate the needs o customers by enabling more types of payments
Considering the industry’s complexity and the large suite of Amex products, one of the objectives of the Network Strategy and Enablement team within NSO is to transform the way Amex works with its partners. Indeed: a key vehicle for growth for the Enterprise is to leverage partners to scale more rapidly, whether they are our bank partners, aggregators/processors, or any of the new fast-growing FinTech players. To do so, we need to make it always easier to partner with American Express.
The Sr Mgr. for Onboarding Strategy will be responsible for identifying key pain points, defining, and designing the ideal customer journeys across all Network products and participants and drive that implementation in the organization, to provide a seamless E2E journey.
This role is an exciting opportunity to stay on the cutting edge of innovative and disruptive digital payment solutions and directly contribute to the success of American Express, by working with multiple stakeholders across the Enterprise.
The Sr Mgr for Onboarding Strategy will focus primarily on the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to conduct a diagnosis of existing onboarding processes, pain points, scalability hurdles, and areas for improvement and automation
- Conduct external research to understand market trends, existing best practices, and customer needs; translating research into actionable user insights to inform partner enablement strategy and overall vision
- Define all aspects of the customer journey and archetypes, establishing a complete understanding of the existing and future network capabilities matched with customer needs
- Drive the onboarding roadmap based on business priorities and level of effort needed to maximize
- Define the onboarding strategy for bank and non-bank partners while analysing implications for the Network
- Create impactful, memorable, and engaging presentations that clearly articulate strategy and recommendations
- Work with product owners and API team(s) to determine additional opportunities for scalability
- Other potential assignments to support emerging super-scaling strategic initiatives and Network priorities
The ideal candidate will be someone with a passion to drive effective change in a fast moving and innovative environment. S/he is comfortable with ambiguity, demonstrates strong critical thinking and strategic thinking, all supported with a good business sense and leading with an external perspective.
- Relevant experience: experience in strategic definition, E2E onboarding journey design and implementation: UX/UI best practices, understanding of API integration, sandbox, and certification environments.
- Passion for payments and innovation: Passion to drive delivery in a fast-moving and innovative environment. Deep knowledge of payments industry and disruptive technologies.
- Transformation spirit: Track record for change management and delivery in complex and highly-matrix organizations. Result-oriented and familiar with changes, willing to challenge the status quo to effectively compete and differentiate in a rapidly changing environment.
- Intellectual curiosity: High-intellectual curiosity, out-of-the-box, strategic risk-taking, creative & critical thinker with experience in complex problem solving and strategic thought leadership.
- Entrepreneurship: Ability to mobilize and lead cross-functional team collaboration to drive results in a fast paced, multi-partner environment with constant change. Demonstrated track record for driving results in complex and matrixed organizations.
- Highly collaborative: Ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to deliver value beyond traditional means.
- Effective communicator and influencer: Ability to communicate complex topics in a clear manner and influence executive leadership. Excellent communication skills, proficient in developing quality presentations and deliverables for an executive audience. Excellent PowerPoint skills and storytelling.
- Thought leadership: Ability to diagnose, synthesize and translate the current state of business and make a proposal for enhancement identifying opportunities for a revenue stream.
- Great attitude: High energy, and optimistic attitude, and a good sense of humor
Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for these positions.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Apr 27, 2021, 12:58:47 PM