We are seeking a candidate with specialties in Data Science and Analytics to assist in the expansion of the Amex Ethics Office Code of Conduct Reporting. This role requires an individual who is a strategic thinker and exhibits proficiency in manipulating different data sets to create impactful analysis and visuals that translate into actionable insights. This role will also be responsible for assisting in automating our reporting process and improving our analytic capabilities. This position will be a part of the Amex Ethics Office within the General Counsel’s Organization and plays a critical role in helping employees and the Company live up to the high ethical standards outlined in the Code of Conduct.
Specific accountabilities would include:
- Working with large data sets to identify emerging trends, uncover new patterns, and generate data-driven visualizations that are effective in translating numbers into actionable insights
- Working with the team to provide paired analysis and business intelligence
- Assisting in creating impactful and effective presentations for senior leaders (e.g., ensure the key messages to relay to business and functional executives are being presented clearly and concisely)
- Managing the AEO database and expanding the existing framework by identifying, evaluating, and integrating new data sources
- Helping to apply change management techniques to identify gaps and opportunities in a change process
- Partnering with internal investigative teams to standardize methodologies
- Professionally and discretely handling highly confidential and sensitive information
- 3 – 5+ Years of experience in a data analytics role involving data manipulation and visualization
- Proven data extraction and data manipulation ability, being able to extract, combine, analyze, and distill insights for both detailed and executive-level content
- Advanced Excel proficiency (incl. Power pivots, Power Query, Array formulas)
- 3+ years working with SQL
- Proficiency with libraries in Python or R to manipulate data
- Experience building/maintaining an ETL pipeline
- Experience with BI tools (Power BI with strong DAX proficiency preferred)
Preferred skills and background:
- Understanding of Agile methodology and delivery concepts
- Experience working with technologies partners
- Superior written communication skills and attention to detail with reports and other written communications
- Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently at all levels of the organization
- Detail oriented, with strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and drive results within given parameters, ensuring alignment with strategic perspectives and company goals
- Critical mindset, ability to recognize and correct potential flaws in data sets, reporting, and processes
- Undergraduate degree in field required (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Operations Research or relevant field)
- Advanced degree (e.g., MA, MBA) preferred but not required given a suitable combination of formal education and work experience
- Location: 200 Vesey St, New York, NY 10281
- Ongoing Workplace Flexibility: Position will currently be work-from-home due to COVID-19. American Express is committed to the well-being of its colleagues and to creating a safe work environment; colleagues will continue to work remotely until a return to the office can be safely accomplished.
- Visa Sponsorship: Employment eligibility to work with American Express in the U.S. is required as the company will not pursue visa sponsorship for this position.
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law.
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: May 7, 2021, 11:15:51 AM